The Perfect Fit (Homecoming Series: Part One)

Olivia looked in the mirror smoothing out her dress when she stared at her reflection. She wore a navy blue off-the-shoulder floor-length evening gown that perfectly hugged her every curve. The dress was accented with a high side slit exposing her left thigh. Olivia smiled in the mirror when she caught Simone and Kia's gaze. "What do you girls think?" Olivia asked when both of the girls' mouths parted. They fell silent watching Olivia turn around checking herself in the mirror. "That dress was made for you," Kia smiled.

"You think so? You don't think it's too much?" Olivia asked. "No. You have to get that dress. I'm telling you, Liv when Spencer sees you, there is no denying his feelings. Trust me, Liv. This is the one," Kia said when Simone agreed. "Spencer is definitely not going to keep his hands to himself. You look hot," Simone giggled when Olivia's jaw dropped."Simone!". 

"You know it's the truth. So when do you think Spencer is going to ask you?" Simone asked. Olivia shrugged turning back to look at herself in the mirror. "I don't know. I asked him the night of the carnival, but his lips were sealed. He always avoids the question, so maybe this dress and I will be going solo to homecoming,". Olivia pinched the sides of the dress standing on her toes. Imagining which heels would fit perfectly.

Kia popped her head out of the dressing room when she shook her head. "Liv, he'd be more oblivious than I thought. Trust me, he's going to ask you. The question is when?". Olivia sighed. "We only have two weeks until homecoming. Even though I want him to ask me, I wouldn't be mad if he didn't. Homecoming is a big deal for us to go as a couple. It would mean we are official, and we both are keeping this relationship lowkey,".

"It's tough since my father is his coach. I can only imagine what would he say to Spencer. He brought Spencer into our home and we developed feelings for each other. Imagine what'd my father say?" Olivia continued. "Don't say all of that. Spare him the details. Your father doesn't need to know everything," Kia said when Olivia laughed."My dad would flip, that's for sure. That his star player is dating his daughter. Yeah, he would never allow it. At least during the season. He would think I would distract him from playing his best game on the field," Olivia said. "Or maybe Spencer would play better with you cheering him on in the stands. Mind helping me zip up this dress?" Kia asked. Olivia nodded helping Kia with her dress when she shrugged.

"I wouldn't mind being in the stands cheering him on. But I'm telling you my dad wouldn't allow it. Especially how Principal Carter is on his tail, and the football team is already struggling. If Spencer would spend one minute with me, my dad would think he would not be focusing on football. I can already hear him now," Olivia said. "Enough about me. What about you? Who is Ms. Prom Queen taking?" Olivia asked. Kia sighed. "Darnell and I made a pact to go together to homecoming before everything happened. But I don't know anymore. Chris and I talked about going together as friends," Kia said.

Olivia giggled. "I heard that one too many times. Make sure to take flats, or comfortable heels, because that kid loves to dance," Olivia smiled when Kia laughed. "I remember our fifth-grade dance. He and Spence would be on the dance floor all night. Although Spence tried, he was never that great at dancing. Even though he may disagree. Somehow he has no rhythm if it's not choreographed or with a partner," Kia said when Olivia giggled.

"Trust me. He showed up to my dance class a few weeks back and let me tell you, the kids loved him," Olivia said when she caught Kia's gaze in the reflection. "I think you may have found your dress,". Kia chose a fitted floor-length sparkling emerald green gown. "I think so too," Kia smiled. "Should I go with a longer dress or a shorter one?" Simone asked holding up two dresses for the girls to choose from. "You would look stunning in the silver," Olivia said when Kia agreed.

With their dresses in hand, the three girls walked along the block where the stores had been lined up on either side. Homecoming was just a few weeks away, and it seemed like every girl in the city had the same exact thought. The stores were packed with mothers, daughters, and friends, all shopping for that perfect homecoming dress. Olivia, Simone, and Kia had thought of coming early on Friday afternoon, hoping to beat the crowd. But with the dances starting next week for some schools, a few of the girls were last-minute shopping, while others had plenty of time to find the perfect homecoming dress.