Baker Family Game Night (Part Four)

Olivia and Spencer sat across from each other.  With each losing point, Olivia sighed shaking her head at Spencer. Giving him a sad smile she shrugged. Jordan sat on the couch defeated giving up on the game. "I swear my dad's the worst. Like what is he doing?" Jordan asked. "Next time we gotta vote him off our team. I've been played" Spencer said. Billy walked around the room doing the total opposite of what was in the card he held in his hand.

"Your marching? At a parade? Waving?"Jordan called out random words, knowing he was never going to get the answer right. The timer rang when the girls jumped up and screamed. Winning best two out of three rounds, the boys lost watching the girls high-five each other. "Boys I was driving" Billy groaned. "Dad who drives like that. I swear you were marching and smiling like you were at a parade" Jordan groaned. Spencer let out a laugh, shaking his head. Olivia met Spencer's gaze giving him a wink.

"And that's how you do it boys" Laura smiled. Jordan groaned. "Dad you're banned from trying to show us what's on the card". "Come on, Jordan how do you think this is marching?" Billy asked grinning from ear to ear. "You're moving your feet. How am I suppose to know you're on a Sunday drive waving to everyone on the street," Jordan asked.

Simone grinned at Jordan cuddling up next to him on the couch. "So about that back rub you promised?" she asked. Jordan groaned. "Look at the time, Why don't I take you home, instead?". "Nice save, but you're not getting yourself out of this one. Tonight sounds like a nice night for a back rub. You know after all that hard studying I did all week," Simone smiled. "I swear this is getting unfair," Jordan groaned.

Laura laughed pouring herself another glass of wine. She smiled watching Jordan and Simone on the other end of the couch. "Maybe it's time we ban this game. The kids seem to make bets, and somehow the boys always end up losing every time" Laura smiled. "Nah, they love it. Poor Spencer, hopefully, Olivia doesn't make him do anything embarrassing. Their friends so it wouldn't be bad compared to Jordan. I wonder what Simone makes him do for her?" Billy asked. He sat on the couch beside Laura. "Maybe I just need new teammates,".

"I think it may be the other way around. I'm sure Spencer will be able to handle himself. They are pretty good for each other don't you think?" Laura asked. "Who? Simone and Jordan? Yeah...at first I was iffy on Simone, giving the circumstances. But in the past year, I've seen him grow from a boy to a man. He cares and loves that girl so much" Billy smiled.

"I love Simone, and I've definitely seen a grown and mature Jordan we hadn't seen before she was in his life. It's a nice change. Can you believe he actually takes out the trash and washes his own dishes? His room is clean, and he doesn't leave his clothes everywhere" Laura smiled, when he turned to her.

"We need to give Simone more credit" Billy smiled. "Yeah, we do. But that's not who I was talking about. I was talking about Spencer and Olivia," Laura said softly. "Oh, yeah they're great friends. I'm glad Olivia has a friend like him. He's a great kid" Billy smiled. "Yeah...that's exactly what I mean" Laura shook her head when Billy looked at her confused. "What?". "No, it's nothing. Your right they're good friends" Laura held in her laughter taking a sip of her wine. Laura turned on her favorite radio station as the music from the '80s softly played in the background

Spencer sat on the barstool, facing the living room when his gaze found Olivia's. She walked over to him grinning from ear to ear. Standing before him, she shook her head. "So about that date, I had planned?" Olivia asked. "I was definitely played. Who knew Coach Baker was that bad at charades" Spencer said. Taking a seat next to him, the both of them let out a soft laugh. Olivia slowly raised her hand. "Guilty,".

"Oh, so you were planning on me losing? Guess either way I wasn't going to win," Spencer said. she shook her head, grinning. "Not a chance". Spencer sighed, meeting Olivia's gaze. Her smile softened when she glanced. Everyone she had loved was in the same room as her. Olivia felt happy and content, trying to hide her smile, Spencer nudged her. "What are you thinking about?" Spencer asked. He lowered his voice when Olivia shrugged.