Forever Until Forever Falls Apart (Part Three)

"Any last words of wisdom you both got? I could use some right about now," Jordan looked back to Spencer and Olivia who'd been standing behind him. Spencer shook his head, squeezing Jordan's shoulder. "Good luck J, you're going to need it,". Olivia agreed. "Yeah, I'd stay clear away from Simone's mom I heard she's worst than Simone. You know what they say. The mother of the bride is the one you should be worried about. She usually turns into the bridezilla," Olivia widened her eyes when Jordan narrowed his. "Yeah thanks, guys, you are no help,". The both of them laughed. "You'll do good Jordan, you got this, we believe in you. Now if you need me I'll be by the appetizers. You hungry?" Olivia asked Spencer when he nodded. "Starving,". Both Olivia and Spencer walked down the stairs leaving Jordan alone.

"So much for the best man and woman," Jordan muttered stuffing his hands in his pockets. Looking around Jordan's hands were drenched in sweat, from the nerves he'd felt seeing that the rehearsal dinner had been in full swing. With his wedding guest arriving by the minute, Simone had been nowhere to be found. Taking out his phone he pressed one in his keypad automatically dialing his soon-to-be wife. Walking down the steps he was immediately met by his mother who'd been looking beautiful as always. Jordan scrunched his eyebrows when Simone hadn't picked up. His mother hugged him softly when she looked at her son with a worried expression. "What's wrong Jordan?". Jordan loosened his shoulders trying to not worry his mother. "Nothing mom Just haven't seen Simone, that's all,". his mother warmly smiled.

"I'm sure she'll be here any minute with her mother..". Jordan stopped his mother from continuing his she wouldn't have chosen her words carefully. "Mom we said we were going to play nice. Simone's mom is going to be my mother and law. She's going to be in my life and I need you two to play nice this weekend," Jordan said. His mother squeezed his arm, giving him a reassuring smile. "Okay,". Jordan softly smiled knowing his mom had still been holding back forcing a smile, but he appreciated that she was putting their issues to rest at least for the weekend. Looking around the party Jordan softly smiled. "Thank you, mom. I don't think I've said it enough. But thank you and pops for throwing this party for Simone and me. I...know you weren't fond of us getting married young but I love her mom, and seeing everyone we love in one room, just makes it all feel real, you know? I'm getting married tomorrow..." Jordan trailed the second he felt an arm wrap around his.

"You mean we are getting married tomorrow,". Turning to his side he met Simone's eyes. "Am I glad you made it," Jordan spoke softly. Simone smiled. "You really thought I would leave you? Baby it's a little too late for that,". "It's not too late. You haven't walked down the aisle just yet. You still got time," his mother half joked. Jordan and Simone's face fell the second Simone's mother joined the conversation. "Is she serious?" Simone asked annoyed. "Mom..." Jordan trailed. "I'm joking, I'm joking. Too soon? Too soon,". Simone's mother glared at Mrs. Baker. "Now, now Laura. Our babies are getting married tomorrow so let's play nice. By tomorrow night we are going to be family, so how about we go grab a drink. Come on, momma needs some wine. You get white girl wasted? Never mind don't answer that," Simone's mother wrapped her arms around Mrs. Baker pulling her towards the kitchen.

Jordan winced not liking the feeling of his mother-in-law and his mother intoxicated. "Maybe we should..." Jordan trailed. Simone immediately nodded. "Good idea,". Following them into the kitchen to make sure their mothers wouldn't get too drunk. Passing Billy who watched Simone's mom drag his wife to the kitchen. Billy grinned shaking his head while he poured himself a glass of whiskey. "Got a spare glass? I could use some liquid courage right about now," Principal Carter walked up to Billy grabbing a glass with a shot of whiskey. Billy let out his signature laugh when he grabbed the other glass clinking cups. "That bad huh?". "Oh yeah," Principal Carter threw back the shot. Billy smiled pouring more whiskey into his glass. "So everything good with Grace I see?". Principal Carter gently nodded, half smiling.