Turning Over a New Leaf (Part Two)

Her phone hadn't stopped ringing with notifications all morning long. Since posting her latest podcast episode earlier in the day, she'd been flooded with nothing but love in her social media. Praising her for standing up and speaking about Tamika Pratt, and the injustice that is in the system. Olivia had a permanent grin on her lips, happy that her latest episode had been received well, with so many of her listeners sharing a post of themselves speaking out and tagging her. Olivia slowed down, checking her phone when Nurse joy cleared her throat. Olivia met her gaze with an apologetic smile as she silenced her phone and put it away.

"You know just because your phone is blowing up, doesn't mean that I forgot about our talk we were going to have," Nurse joy said. Olivia's cheeks turned rosy red, trying to hide her smile, she took a sip of her coffee. "What talk?" Olivia asked. As if she didn't know what Nurse Joy was about to bring up. "Oh, you playing games now? Okay, we don't have to talk about Mr. James if you don't want to, no pressure. I'm just going to say, it might be beneficial to your recovery if you don't keep any secrets from me," Nurse joy said. Olivia smiled shaking her head. "You know I thought we were just going to keep this strictly professional,". "We are. I'm giving you the floor to talk about anything you'd like. But what I've learned from my many years is that secrets only hold you down. Sometimes can even affect your recovery," Nurse joy grinned from ear to ear. Olivia sighed.

"You're right and I mean it will feel good to tell someone. Technically only a handful of people know, they kind of just figured it out really. We haven't sat them down or had a discussion,". Nurse Joy shot her a look. "Honey, it's not that hard. Anyone with a pair of eyes could tell you two are in love with each other. I thought you both were together last year when Spencer got shot. I passed by his room to check his vitals, and you both were sleeping. You could've fooled me,". Olivia smiled looking down at the floor thinking back to the night Spencer spoke in her podcast. It was the first night she actually had gotten sleep. She'd felt safe in his arms as if she had been missing a part of her all along. Somehow being in his arms, and falling asleep next to him, had felt like home. Olivia shook her head.

"Quite the opposite actually. He was dating my best friend at the time. We were just friends,". "So what happened in between the night at the hospital until now?" Nurse joy asked. "A lot to say the least," Olivia said when Nurse Joy nudged her. "We got time. My shift at the hospital doesn't start for another couple of hours,". "Don't say I didn't warn you. Well...it kind of happened during the summer. A trip to Las Vegas to be exact," Olivia said. Starting from the summer, Olivia told Nurse Joy of all the events that had happened. "So..." Olivia said after a moment of silence. Turning towards Nurse Joy she seemed as if she'd been processing the information.

"We will get back to you and Spencer in a moment. What I want to know is that your brother is married?" Nurse Joy asked. Olivia nodded. "As real as it can be...well I wouldn't say real, since he had to forge my parent's signature,". "So your brother got married to his pregnant girlfriend that wasn't even his baby, to begin with?" Nurse Joy asked confused. Olivia sighed. "And that's not even the half of it. Wait until I tell you the rest,". "There's more? Are you sure you both are twins?" Nurse Joy asked. Olivia let out a laugh. "You know I still haven't double-checked that. I kind of just went along with what our parents told us since we were little. Sometimes when he acts on impulse I'm not going to lie, I second guess myself if we are even related. Then I look at my father and everything makes sense again,". Nurse joy laughed.

"You know I thought the same thing about my brother. Especially when we were around your age, he would do the dumbest things and I would question him every time,". Olivia smiled. "That makes two of us,". "So back to you and Spencer?" Nurse Joy asked. "Me and Spencer..." Olivia trailed off taking another sip of her coffee trying to contain her excitement. She hated just the thought of his name made her giddy, she could never hold in her emotions as it showed on her face, while her cheeks hurt from how hard she had been grinning. "We are technically dating. He asked me out the night of the Crenshaw block party. It was everything I wanted and more. He went all out, asking me to homecoming and asking me to be his girlfriend. But we decided to slow things down for the both of us to recover. To get healthy," Olivia said.