Collide (Part One)

Taking slow deep breaths in and out, her heart fluttered while the butterflies gently floated around the pit of her stomach. Just imagining Spencer in front of her, made her nervous. Now more than ever knowing in less than a few minutes he would know the truth. Slowing to a stop, she parked her car right outside the spot Spencer told her to meet him at. Just outside her passenger window, above the double doors was a lit-up sign welcoming her to the Crenshaw cafe. Olivia sighed taking one last deep breath in before exhaling. Her hands trembled, and her lips quivered in fear, scared of how Spencer would react.

Olivia closed her eyes repeating the same words over and over again. "I can do this...I can do this,". Without another thought, she slowly opened her car door. The crisp Los Angeles evening flowed through her skirt. Making her way to the front door, she could see the lights had been on. She gripped her hands tightly together squeezing them. She sucked in her breath, holding it in. Placing her hand on the door she pushed it open. Olivia slowly made her way inside when she heard Kia and Spencer laugh.

A hint of a smile fell on her lips before it quickly disappeared. Closing the door behind her it shut louder than she expected. She winced the moment their laughter fell to a silence. Olivia sighed slowly walking in as she turned the corner. Her eyes automatically found Spencer's. He stopped what he was doing watching her walk closer to him. Olivia played with a hair tie in her hand nervous, about their conversation they would soon have. Spencer slowly walked towards her, meeting her halfway. They both stopped a few feet away from each other. "Hey," Spencer said. He spoke softly with a calm tone in his voice. "Hey," Olivia said.

Spencer felt relieved to see Olivia standing before him. She'd looked nervous for some reason when Spencer noticed she'd straightened her hair. But all he could think of was how much he wanted to be in her arms and hold her. He loved the girl standing before him, and when she didn't call or text him for the past three days, it worried him that she was overthinking them being together. Wanting nothing more than to be with her, he wanted to give her space, to not overwhelm or pressure her. He knew when she was ready, she would come around. And he was relieved she did. He wouldn't have waited another day either way. He was already planning on showing up at her house later that night if she didn't show.

Olivia cleared her throat when Spencer's eyes brightened, at the thought of hearing her voice. "I'm...sorry for not calling or texting you the last few days..." Olivia trailed off shaking her head. Playing with the hair tie in her hands, he watched her. "It's been three days Liv...you've been ignoring my text and calls since the block party. I was worried," Spencer said when Olivia nodded. "I...I know and I'm sorry. I was busy with school, clubs, and just needed some time to clear my head. But I wanted to make it up to you," Olivia said.

Taking out her phone he looked at her confused. She typed a few words before pressing send. Spencer's phone buzzed a few seconds later when he took it out of his pocket. Checking his messages, a hint of a smile appeared on the corner of his mouth the moment he had seen a message from Olivia. "Need a ride?". The text read when Spencer looked down at his screen for a moment longer. "Oh, so you are going to make me wait?" Olivia asked when he nodded. "You made me wait for three days Liv. Two seconds longer ain't going to hurt nobody,". "Okay...guess I deserve that," Olivia smiled. Spencer walked over to her wrapping her in his embrace, he squeezed her tightly collapsing in her arms. "Please don't leave me on read anymore,". "I promise, I won't. I know I should just talk to you. This is just so new to me," Olivia said.

"What? Having a boyfriend?" Spencer asked confused. "No...having a boyfriend that cares so much," Olivia said. Spencer held the sides of her face the moment her sad eyes gazed into his. "I care Liv. I asked you to be my girlfriend to go through the highs and lows. Through thick and thin, you're stuck with me," Spencer smiled. Olivia wrapped her arms around him. Interlocking her hands behind his back. Never wanting to leave this moment in time. She'd felt safe, she'd felt happy. For the first time in three days, she'd felt as if she could finally breathe again. Olivia's smile faded the moment she thought about her sobriety.