Grace's Graduation Suprise Party (Part Three)

Spencer stood at the edge of the party scanning the crowd of familiar faces. Stuffing his hands in his pockets he smiled at everyone celebrating his mom's graduation. He grinned from ear to ear hearing the sounds of laughter over the music that had been playing in the background. His ears perked the moment he heard a familiar voice off into the distance. Guiding his eyes across the room until he landed on Olivia's. Just her smile made his heart jump. A smile he could spot in a sea of a thousand faces. He couldn't help himself from looking at her. And the space they've been giving each other to heal hasn't been helping. It only heightened his feelings every time he was in the same room as her.

Letting his gaze fall down to her shoes, as she was wearing a burgundy dress paired with a jean jacket. Although Olivia looked beautiful in everything she wore. He was kind of glad Gabby threw her drink at Olivia because the dress had highlighted her every curve. Walking over to his mom, they hugged for a moment as it only made Spencer happier. Nothing made his heart full than to see Olivia and his mom laughing and smiling. The two most important girls in his life and his two worlds he'd never thought would collide in a way that it has.

Bringing him back to the party, his mom pointed towards Spencer when Olivia's eyes met his. Even from across the room, he could see how vibrant they were. With his eyes closed, he could picture them so vividly. Olivia gave him a small wave walking over to him.

"You know I never thought this party would turn out the way it has. it's been great," Spencer said. Olivia shot him a smile. "Did you ever doubt me?". Placing the present on the table beside them, she walked closer to him. Spencer shook his head. "I wouldn't have asked you to help me if I didn't believe in you. Besides it was a joint effort,". Olivia let out a laugh. "Joint effort? You mean sixty forty? Sixty being me, forty being you,". Spencer shot her a confused expression. "That is far from the truth. You're barely passing me by a point or two,". Olivia's laughter fell when she stood next to Spencer looking at the party. Spencer nudged her gently, clearing his throat. "You good?".

Olivia's eyes fell to the floor before meeting his. "Yeah...I'm good Spencer. Thanks...for always checking up on me. I forgot to also thank you for earlier. If you weren't there I probably would've needed to be bailed out of jail by now," Olivia joked. Spencer's gaze lingered on Olivia's. "You know I'm always here if you ever need to be bailed out. That might've been twice now. Too many close calls if you ask me,". Olivia sighed. "You could say that again,". Olivia looked up to the lanterns that were hung above them. "You calmed me down when I wanted to beat her. I was this close,". She pinched her fingers together when Spencer agreed. "I wouldn't be mad if you did. She deserved it. But with all the cameras on you, I knew it wouldn't have been the right call. You stood your ground though. You didn't need me there, and you would've handled your own,".

Olivia gently nodded. "And it felt damn good to tell her the things I've been wanting to tell her for years. She made my life hell when I came out of rehab. She had everyone turn their back on me and...that's where you came in. You were my first friend out of rehab. Besides Jordan...but he doesn't really count. I'm glad you were there with me today. I wanted you there, and I'm glad you were there to calm me enough to not attack her. We could've been having this conversation with me being behind bars," Olivia smiled. "You don't gotta thank me, Liv. I'm always here for you. You got mine, and I got yours. We made a pact,". Spencer smiled briefly while their gazes lingered for a little too long. Spencer kept reminding himself of the space they both agreed upon. Yet that word has never been in his vocabulary when it came to Olivia. "Besides I should be thanking you. Without you, this party wouldn't have happened. You did great. If you're not saving the world or doing a podcast, you might want to become a party planner,".

"We did this. Remember, sixty forty," Olivia grinned. Looking around the party she gently nodded. "Every minute planning it was worth it. Your mom seems happy,". Spencer agreed as the both of them turned to look at Grace laughing with Billy. "She is. She definitely deserved this. She worked hard for Dillon and me, for the diploma. At one point she was working three jobs just to get by. But somehow she would always be there for dinner every night, she would help us with our homework, and managed to still be there for my games every Friday night. She never skipped one,". Spencer smiled watching his mom off into the distance. Olivia watched Spencer in awe when she nudged him. "That's a real-life superhero if  I ever saw one. When I grow up...I want to be just like her. She's resilient and for everything, she's been through. She came out on top. She hasn't let that stop her or bring her down. I aspire to be like her," Olivia smiled.