Chapter 175 - As we wait in the night

Midoriya blindly followed behind Shinsou, letting the taller boy lead him back to the dorms.

He was just tired, and really just wanted to go back to the comfort of his room to sleep. As comfortable as the bed in the infirmary was, he still preferred sleeping in the safety of the dorms.

Shinsou gently pushed the door to the 1-A dorms open and made his way inside. His friends weren't doing anything too out of the ordinary; Ashido, Sero, and Kaminari were playing some games, Sato had enlisted Hagakure and Yaoyorozu's help in baking, since the duo had mentioned before how they would like to learn how to bake, and Kinu was just playing with Haku and Yuwai while their humans finished up some homework.

"Midoriya! Shinsou!" Kaminari waved his controller at them, "Want to play?"

The green haired boy tilted his head slightly, blinking in confusion, almost as if he wasn't even too sure what Kaminari was asking him to do.

Shinsou raised an eyebrow, and turned towards the smaller boy. He didn't think that asking Midoriya to play computer games was an appropriate response, given what had happened in the cafeteria, but at the very least, the electric blonde was smart enough to not ask about what had just transpired.

"How about later, if he feels up to it?" Shinsou offered, "Recovery Girl said that he should just sleep a bit more."

"Alright!" Kaminari shot them a thumbs up, "I have a ton of games that I think you'll enjoy!"

Midoriya nodded tiredly, and Shinsou just grabbed his arm, and gently pulled him towards the elevators.

-----------------------------------

Shinsou gazed down at the boy's sleeping form, gently running his fingers through Midoriya's soft hair. He was just trying to finish up some mathematics homework, and since his room was closer to the elevator than Midoriya's, the greenette just decided to sleep in his room, and pretty much fell asleep the second his head made contact with the bed.

He could still see some faint tear tracks on Midoriya's face, and Shinsou just brushed his thumb over them lightly, before he heard a knock on his door.

"Come in?" Shinsou asked, raising his head in confusion, and the door slowly opened.

Sato poked his head into the room, "Err... I know I asked Uraraka about this already... but I'm starting on dinner and I was wondering if there was anything Midoriya liked eating in particular?"

Shinsou slumped against the wall, and let out a small sigh, "I doubt that he would wake up in time for dinner. Right now, he's emotionally exhausted... and I know from personal experience that it's much more draining than just regular exhaustion."

"I see." Sato nodded understandingly, "Well... is there something you would like to eat? I can bring it up later?"

Shinsou shook his head, "I doubt I'll be hungry that quickly... Don't worry about dinner... I can go down and cook something once he wakes up."

Sato raised an eyebrow, "You can cook?"

The lavender haired boy shrugged, "Just some simple stuff. Fried rice, porridge, maybe some frozen dumplings, if we have them in the first place... of course, there's instant noodles..."

Sato's expression softened, "I'd rather you two eat something other than instant noodles. Eating them occasionally is alright, but they lack crucial vitamins and minerals, and they have way too much salt and monosodium glutamate. I'll leave some of the leftover rice in a container and in the fridge for you; I trust you to try and cook something healthier."