Chapter 180 - Let the science bring the change

Garaki settled back into his chair, admiring his creations that were sleeping peacefully in their glass containers. All of his High-End Nomus were developing nicely, despite All for One's arrest. It was much easier for him to make copies of quirks, as well as manufacture more Nomus with All for One's quirk, but he would be able to make do with his current stash of stored quirks.

Sure, the Nomus were nowhere near the testing stage, not to mention they still had to be stabilized before they could be used to fight heroes like Enji; it was a pity that Dabi had failed to retrieve Hood, or he could have made used of that information to potentially figure out a way to speed up the activation process.

Mocha let out a small yip, and the small Nomu stopped by his foot, looking up at him as he wagged his spinal tail. Garaki reached down, gently patting the Nomu on the head, and Mocha squeaked in content.

Garaki turned back to his computer, analyzing his data that came from Shigaraki's capsule. The burden of artificially transplanting quirks was huge, but for such an ancient and powerful quirk like All for One, the burden was immense. He had put Shigaraki in a death-like state so that it would be easier for him to withstand the advanced surgery that granted him the quirk of his master.

At least, in the capsule, it would be easy for Garaki to keep track of the state of Shigaraki's body, and it would only take him the press of a button to revive him when the process was finally complete; the boy only needed a month and a half before he was ready.

Garaki let out a sigh. He had spent years building up his reputation. After much effort, he founded Jaku General Hospital, and used a lot of time to set up orphanages, nursing homes, and even charities; all so that he could have a proper workstation and materials to treat All for One after his multiple fights with various users of One for All.

Even though the past users of that damned quirk were no match for All for One, he just wanted to make sure that he would be able to treat his friend properly; he knew that One for All was a quirk that grew stronger as it was passed along, and eventually, it would end up with a user that could really give All for One a run for his money. Even with Garaki's own quirk, there was a limit to how far All for One could go, and the old villain would need a successor sooner or later. All for One also intended to take One for All back, so the boy's body had to be able to take the strain of both quirks.

Plus, working in the medical community allowed him to access various medical information from all over Japan, and more importantly, to keep an eye out for potential quirks for All for One to nab.

And as time went past, he had a new project in mind; the Nomus. Mindless super-soldiers with a multitude of quirks that could overwhelm any hero that existed, beings that only obeyed commands from their master with absolute loyalty.

But this project proved to be much more complicated than he expected. Human bodies aren't made to hold multiple Quirks without a base quirk like One for All or All for One. The former was already out of the question, having fallen into the hands of Yagi long before then, and All for One was way too complicated for him to replicate.

Garaki had spent ages learning how to drastically alter the corpses before All for One could successfully implant new quirks into the dead bodies. However, despite his best efforts, most of the bodies weren't even functional, and would never activate.

And then, All for One heard about a quirk called Erasure through the UA Sports Festival, which was airing live on television. It was a quirk owned by a scrawny first year student, and it allowed its user to temporarily erase the quirk of anyone that the kid looked at, at least, until he blinked.

It was the perfect quirk for a Nomu; Garaki could just mimic fish, and add an additional membrane over the surface of its eyeballs, and remove the eyelids, so there was absolutely no need for the Nomu to blink. It would be able to immobilize almost any hero, since most of them were reliant on their quirks, and for the rare cases of heroes that aren't entirely reliant on their quirks, the Nomu would definitely be able to trip them up, and use its other quirks in order to completely defeat them.