Chapter 87 - Past the horizon

Nezu gently patted Midoriya's fluffy hair, watching as the small boy slept, before he exited the room. Despite stating before that he didn't really mind the thin blanket, the boy had still gotten rid of it, before curling up around Reiko and Ryuto protectively.

"How is he?" Sasaki asked, and Nezu replied, "I... think he finally may be able to recover from... everything that's happened in the past. What were you guys talking about?"

Aizawa immediately noticed that Nezu was trying to change the topic, and quickly replied, "We were just discussing whether we should allow the other students to visit. Those that participated in the raid... we agreed that they should be allowed to visit if they wish, though we might want to warn him if Hado's coming; we all know how she's a bit noisy and excitable. But they also have to take extra lessons, since they missed some classes. Given how Midoriya was practically acing all his lessons, I don't think that it would matter so much to him. Maybe Hitoshi, Koda, Iida, and Todoroki could come, too, since they're all pretty close, and they were helpful after the Kamino Incident."

Sasaki raised his eyebrow slightly at the change in topic, but made no comment on it, "I know Eri wants to see Midoriya, but I thought the doctors said that it would be better for her to be kept away from anything that would remind her of the raid."

"They were worried about her quirk going out of control." Aizawa explained, "But now, since her quirk is still pretty much drained, it won't pose too much of a threat at this point in time, and if it does appear, I can erase it. Plus, it's most likely that she will be in UA's care once she is discharged, so it'll be better if she's accustomed to some of the students."

"Maybe we should let a few of them visit first. Didn't the doctors say he could go back to living in the dorms in a few days?" Sasaki asked.

-------------------------------

"Eri wants to see Midoriya, kero?" Asui asked, and Aizawa nodded, "Yeah. Strictly speaking, she's concerned about Midoriya and Togata, and given all that's happened... I don't blame her. It's her first request since being admitted to the hospital."

"Awwnn.. and we'd have to miss it because of lessons..." Uraraka sighed, as Aizawa replied, "The faster you finish up the lessons, the earlier you can see Eri and Midoriya."

"That's right!" Kirishima punched the air, "Come on, let's hurry up and finish all these remedial lessons!"

"Yeah!" Uraraka determinedly nodded.

"Yaomomo said that if we needed help... we could also go to her." Asui added, as Tokoyami asked, "Aizawa-sensei... given everything that's going on... are we still allowed to have these work studies? I thought at minimum, we'd still have to work with the heroes for a month."

"We're still working the details out." Aizawa replied, scratching his head, "I think it's likely that you'd be allowed to continue your work studies, but you'll be focusing on less dangerous cases, and even if you go on patrols, you'll have to be paired with a pro hero at all times. And no more raids, for the time being."

"Makes sense... kero..." Asui muttered, as Aizawa sighed, "Alright, enough chit chat. It's late, and if you want to sleep earlier, we need to finish the lesson."

-------------------------------

"The doctors said it was alright to meet Midoriya." Aizawa spoke up as he entered Eri's room, "Do you want to see him now?"

Eri lit up, and she nodded, inching to the edge of the bed, and attempted to climb off, only to find that she couldn't really reach the floor.

"Do you want me to carry you?" Aizawa awkwardly asked, as he gently picked her up, off the bed; he didn't really know how to treat kids. Sure, he had Shinsou, but the boy had been nine when they had adopted him, and Eri was only six.