Chapter 69 - A two-bit counterfeit

Aizawa noted that most of the students who had been eliminated by Midoriya were still in the stadium, watching from the stands. He suspected that most of them were either salty that they had underestimated Midoriya and had been eliminated by him, or they were curious to see how a quirkless student would perform in the exam.

"Ahh... we missed the first portion..."

Aizawa looked up at the familiar voice, spotting a blonde with cyan eyes, as well as a familiar man wearing a grey suit with a polka dotted tie and a blue skinned female.

"Hello, Nighteye, Bubble Girl, Lemillion." Aizawa dryly greeted, as Togata smiled, waving at Aizawa, "Aizawa-sensei! Hi!"

"Aizawa. And Ms Joke." Sasaki nodded.

"You guys aren't teachers or anything." Fukukado noted, "What are you guys doing here?"

"I heard from Orca that the second part of the exam was based off the Kamino Incident, and that Midoriya Izuku was one of the examinees in his location. I wanted to see how he would tackle this." Sasaki stated.

"Who's taking care of the agency?" Aizawa asked, and Awata smiled, "Oh, Centipede is! He wanted to come as well, but he didn't finish all his paperwork so he's stuck in the agency."

"So... who passed?" Togata asked, and Fukukado replied, "As far as I know, all the UA students and my students passed. Also, your fly is down, Lemillion."

"Eh? It is?" Togata naively replied in a panic, and quickly looked down to check, and Awate facepalmed as Togata sighed in relief, "Whew... it isn't."

"I don't think curiosity is the only reason you came, though." Aizawa glanced at Sasaki as the hero pushed up his glasses, "The provisional license exam occurs in three locations, and the mock boss villains in each location are Gang Orca, Kamui Woods and Shishido. We haven't had a new official Hero Billboard ranking since the loss of the Symbol of Peace, but the one with the highest ranking since the last Hero Billboard Chart JP is Gang Orca. I had a bad feeling about this exam... that may be the reason why."

"Maybe." Aizawa narrowed his eyes, "Midoriya mentioned that he had a feeling that Toga Himiko is around here somewhere... it may be connected."

"Well... we'll just have to be on the lookout." Fukukado grinned, "Anyways, relax! What's the worst that could happen?"

-------------------------

Midoriya stared at the ceramic knife in his hands, admiring the sharpness of the blade as he ran his finger along the edge gently, careful not to cut himself.

It wasn't that easy; his hands were trembling slightly. He had been rash and expended too much energy in the first round, and he still hadn't completely recovered from the Kamino Incident, or the attack on UA; he still had scars that throbbed if he pushed himself too much. Given all the accumulated nerve damage he had received in such a short period of time, he didn't really expect that he could fully recover from it anymore.

But it didn't matter. If he had to get hurt to protect his classmates, then he would gladly get hurt. They mattered more than him.

Midoriya pulled the dragon pendant out from under his hoodie, rubbing his fingers along the smooth surface of the rock. He tried to recall the good times he had with his parents, especially that one year when he was with both his father and his mother, trying to use them to push out all the bad memories.

He clenched his fist, wrapping his fingers around the dragon, when suddenly, a white paper cup filled with water appeared in his field of vision.

Midoriya blinked in confusion, and looked upwards, seeing Shinsou holding the cup, as well as a plate with some snacks.