Chapter 126 - This love is in retrograde

A/N Funny thing...

when I checked the word count on Fanfic.net, the word count was exactly 6666.

Also, follow me on Twitter!

-------------------

Midoriya groaned, and rubbed his eyes. After delivering his gifts to his teachers, Nezu, Shuzenji, and the heroes at the Nighteye Agency, he had just left his notebooks for his classmates in 1-A and 1-B outside their doors, before going back to his room. And apparently, he had fallen back asleep.

Midoriya reached over for his phone, and flicked it on, staring at the blurry screen, before realising that it was almost ten in the morning. He shot up, and stared at the hoodie he had fallen asleep in, deeming it appropriate enough to join his classmates in the common room.

Reiko purred, and Ryuto chirped a greeting, before Midoriya mock-glared at the cat, "Why didn't you wake me up..."

The feline just rolled her eyes, meowing, as Midoriya made his way to the bathroom, "I don't need to rest that much, Rei, you know that."

Reiko just curled up on Midoriya's pillow as the boy brushed his teeth, and the green haired boy trudged down to the common room, not even bothered to tuck his necklace under his hoodie, only to find that most of his classmates were already awake and busy with... something.

Kodai, Shoji, Iida, and Koda were setting up some tables, and Bakugou was definitely in the kitchen, screaming out orders to Kirishima, Tetsutetsu, and Sato, something about... a turkey?

"Can someone tell Awase's group that we need more onions - oww! Bakugou! Stop! Sorry! Garlic! We need more garlic!" Kirishima yelled from the kitchen, and Sato added, "And black pepper! We ran out of that too!"

Komori quickly picked up her phone, "On it!"

Fukidashi, Shinsou, Kamakiri, and Shoda were cutting out long strings of tinsel and streamers, while Ojiro, Sero, Yanagi, and Tokage hung them up all over the place. Kacchan, Shirou, Yuwai and Kinu were all huddled together in the open area by the television, chasing each other around, and Reiko and Ryuto ran in to join them.

Midoriya wasn't too sure what Yaoyorozu was doing, creating some long, pointy red hats with white rims, as Aoyama poured glitter over some weird striped cane things, cut out stars, and some weird circlet of leaves, before Rin, Asui, Bondo, and Hagakure proceeded to stick them up all over all the walls, windows and doors.

The main doors opened, and Shiozaki, Kaminari, Kendo and Ashido entered with a huge box, and the pinkette grinned, "We got a tree!"

Midoriya just blinked in confusion; what on Earth did they need a tree for!?

"Do we need the... hanging things?" Todoroki awkwardly asked, eating a slice of toast, and Kaminari smiled, "You mean baubles? Of course!"

Honenuki, Jiro, and Tsuburaba popped back from the 1-B dorms, a huge amount of baubles in their hands. Jiro used an earphone jack to point to Tsuburaba, "Don't know why he has so many! But we've got decorations!"

"I like ball games! I said that already, just now!" Tsuburaba defended himself, as Honenuki sighed, "You can't play sports with these, you know..."

"Same shape! No difference!" Tsuburaba retorted, as Kendo and Shiozaki set the fake tree up, and Honenuki started hanging the weird red, blue, and yellow spheres onto the tree.

"Place it in the corner!" Iida ordered, turning around, before he noticed Midoriya standing awkwardly in the hallway, having absolutely no idea what was going on, "Ah! Good morning, Izuku! We didn't have any lessons today, and you usually don't sleep a lot, so we just decided to let you sleep in!"