Chapter 50 - The reverie was not of me

"I'll steal away all the things that you've protected until now." All for One cackled, firing another powerful blast of air at Yagi, watching as the hero attempted to block it, "First, the self-respect that you've kept despite your injury. Show the world your pathetic form, "Symbol of Peace". Hollow cheeks and sunken eyes, what a pathetic top hero. Then again, fitting for a hero who's let a poor child suffer for so long. Don't be embarrassed, this is the real you, isn't it?"

Yagi glared back at All for One, "Even if my body rots and grows weak, even if you try to expose that form, my heart will remain that of the Symbol of Peace! It's not something that you can steal even a single piece of!"

"Forget it, I give up. I've forgotten how stubborn you were." All for One sighed patronisingly, "Then perhaps this will not hinder your heart either; Shigaraki Tomura is Nana Shimura's grandson. I kept thinking about what you would hate the most; I created chances for you to meet, before Tomura took over on seeking you out himself. You realise it, don't you, that something so... dirty... like this, is something that I would do."

Yagi's cyan eyes burned with anger, as All for One mocked, "What's wrong, All Might? Where's that smile if yours? This really is fun... maybe I was able to steal a piece, no?"

He's... a relative of my master? What... have I done...

Focus on All for One now... I can deal with Shigaraki later...

"Remember your origin. That'll bring you past your limit!"

I want a world where everyone can smile and live together.

"There's a lot that a hero has to protect, All for One." Yagi growled, forcing his right arm to bulk up, "That's why I won't lose!"

"That's the last of it, wasn't it, All Might? A wounded hero is the most frightening. I see the image of your face coming after me with all your guts strewn around in my dreams sometimes, even now. I should watch out for two or three swings, shouldn't I?" All for One asked, red electricity crackling around his arm.

A wave of fire was blasted at All for One out of nowhere, but the villain easily deflected it.

"What, bastard... what is that form of yours, All Might?" Enji growled, stomping forwards, "What is that pitiful back!?"

Yamada hastily braked to avoid crashing into Enji, "Looks like we made it in time!"

Tensei, Kamihara and Aizawa leapt up behind him, and the Ninja Hero sighed, "Somehow.."

"Focus on the fight, All Might!" Tensei yelled, quickly lifting some rubble off a civilian, "We'll save the others!"

"This is all we can do. If we can ease the burden even a little..." Chatora yelled, picking up the woman that was trapped under the rubble, "Please, stop that man!"

"Everyone's praying for your victory! No matter what you look like... you're still everyone's hero!" Kamihara spoke up, attempting to distract All for One.

"How annoying." All for One sneered, quickly blasting all the other heroes away, "Stop talking about emotions and start looking at reality."

I'm not everyone's hero.

Young Midoriya... We never saved him from All for One's clutches... he's constantly pushed himself past the limit for the all the others... I won't ... I can't afford to fail him again!

All for One began activating a multitude of quirks, his arm rapidly bulking up, growing more and more grotesque as more and more quirks were added to the mix, "The shockwaves used before were just to wear you down. In order to kill you, I will hit you with the ultimate combination of of quirks that I have right now. I am finally certain after exchanging blows with you, All Might, One for All no longer dwells within you. You've given it to someone, and you're left with the lingering dregs, the embers. And it's slowly going out as you use it, to the point where it doesn't even have to be blown on before it's extinguished."