Chapter 139 - Let it die

"I'm pretty sure you guys know what to do... but still..." Tensei looked around as Shinsou and Midoriya followed behind him. The rest of Tensei's sidekicks were also roaming around Hosu, trying to find out the cause of several suicides that had occurred in the area.

Sure, Tensei hated to admit it, but suicides had always been common in large cities, but lately, the numbers had increased exponentially to the point that there were several incidents in a day. They had no idea what was going on, but they needed to stop this before it spiraled out of control.

There was also the fact that there was a villain called Mind Break running around, but from the reports he's seen, he's talkative and usually touched people to activate his quirk, so Shinsou would be a perfect counter to him. Not just that, but Mind Break was clearly not a physical fighter, while Midoriya was also great at fighting several opponents at one time and taking them out with little to no injuries, so if they needed to fight, Midoriya would also be able to handle it.

Midoriya raised his head slightly, and started observing his surroundings warily, and it seemed like Tensei had also sensed whatever had set Midoriya off, because he also paused.

"Get ready." Tensei ominously muttered, and Shinsou promptly slipped his voice changer on. Midoriya had already slipped a knife out of his sleeve, before a loud explosion rang out, just down the road, by the crossroads intersection.

"Come on!" Tensei yelled, and started running in the direction of the explosion, and Shinsou and Midoriya both raced after him, dodging past screaming pedestrians and panicking civilians.

It took them a minute to reach the scene, and Shinsou blinked, processing a bus that was lying on its side, smoke billowing out of the metallic vehicle. There were several people trying to get out through the emergency exit and shattered windows, and there was also a car that had been completely totaled, one side of it crumpled like paper with fire licking at the metal frame.

"I've just called the fire service, but we need to get them out of the vehicles, now." Tensei ordered, racing towards the bus, "Go check the car for drivers and any other passengers. I'll deal with the bus. Onemu Shinya and Enigma are in the area, and will be here in a few minutes. If you see them, direct them towards me."

"Got it." Shinsou nodded, and both he and Midoriya headed towards the car. He knew that Midoriya didn't like fire too much, but he also knew that the younger boy would always help others to the best of his abilities without any regard for his own safety or well-being. They had to get everyone else out of the situation first, then he could help Midoriya if the younger boy needed any help.

Midoriya stuck his hand through the broken window, being careful of the sharp glass shards still lining the rim of the frame, and he groped around blindly, before he finally managed to find the locking mechanism. He unlocked the door and tugged on it, holding it open so that it didn't swing shut while Shinsou climbed into the passenger seat.

There didn't seem to be anyone else in the car aside from the driver, and Shinsou hastily sliced through the seat belt with his own knife, freeing the driver from the chair, before he tried pulling him out of the car. They would have tried the driver's door, but that side of the car was so badly damaged that there was no way they could open the door without it being a hazard.

Shinsou carefully crawled out of the car, gently pulling the driver along with him. The man seemed to be barely conscious, with blood pooling out of a wound on his forehead, and the lavender haired boy gingerly stepped out of the car in order to remove the man from the wreckage of the car when suddenly, the man's eyes snapped open.

Stunned, Shinsou took a step back as the man ripped out a large shard of glass that had been embedded in his arm, and swung it at the boy, but Midoriya reacted quickly and smacked the glass out of his hand, giving Shinsou enough time to regard his bearings and knock the man out with a good hit to the head.