Chapter 57 - And I only want to make it stop

Aizawa was the only one that was free at the moment to bring Midoriya back to the dorms, and even though Nezu was sitting on his shoulder, ready to calm Midoriya down should he wake up, each step he took in the direction of the dorms was a nerve-racking one. Inui would bring over Nezu's work in a few minutes; he was having a meeting with a couple of external counselors, and he wanted to discuss with Nezu what would be appropriate for helping Midoriya.

Aizawa was honestly afraid that Midoriya would wake up before they got to the dorms; sleeping medicine is clearly less effective on him, and Midoriya, while he wouldn't attack normally, was actually dangerous when he was panicking. He carefully pushed the door to the dorms open and placed Midoriya down on the couch. He placed a cushion under Midoriya's head, and Nezu settled down by the edge of the sofa, making himself comfortable.

Midoriya barely even stirred, and Aizawa excused himself to finish sorting out all his paperwork.

Nezu turned around, reaching out to gently ruffle Midoriya's hair, before taking out his phone to check up on the security systems. Reiko and Ryuto just settled down by the crook of Midoriya's arm.

It didn't take too long for Inui to pop into the 1-A dorms, placing Nezu's paperwork down on the table, before settling down on one of the other chairs.

"Nezu... I think you're going to have to talk to him, one way or another." Inui shook his head, "He may not show any signs of mental trauma... but it's definitely there. He's just hiding it, refusing to believe that it's a problem, and if we just wait until he asks for help... it's going to be too late. He's barely holding himself together now, even before his kidnapping... even if he believes that this isn't a problem, even if he doesn't show any signs of trauma, it's all there, lying beneath the surface. I know that we can't push him... not with all his other issues, but we need to find a balance between all this somehow."

"I know that, Hound Dog..." Nezu sighed, "I'm not going to push Izuku to talk. Give him time, let him decide what he wants to do for now. Right now, letting him feel that he's safe is the most important, and pushing him to talk isn't going to help his situation at all. I don't know how he'll be when he wakes up; Hatsume probably didn't do him any favours. I'll talk to him about what happened in the past, but only when the time is right."

"Understood. Midoriya has a lot of issues... and he's had them for a long time. Just calling it PTSD is simplifying it. We'll have to sort through everything slowly... but right now... it's better that he trusts you, and some of his classmates." Inui nodded.

---------------------

Unlike the rest of 1-A, Iida wasn't too surprised to see Nezu sitting with Midoriya on the couch, working through some documents. Aizawa had already informed them that Midoriya was resting in the dorms after Hatsume had practically pounced on him, but they really hadn't been expecting the principal to be the one keeping an eye on Midoriya.

Then again, they had heard about how Midoriya was often pulled out of lessons to speak to Nezu while he had been in the General Education course, and how Nezu had specifically sought Midoriya out that one time in the cafeteria before the Sports Festival, and that other time after the attack on UA, where Nezu had been accompanying Midoriya in the infirmary. It made sense, in a way, that Nezu had taken some sort of liking to Midoriya.

Being the only one aware of Nezu's relationship to Midoriya, Iida spoke up, "Um... Nezu-sensei... how is Midoriya?"

"Ah... he's fine now. Recovery Girl healed him up. He just needs some rest to regain the energy she drained, before taking it easy to let the rest of his body recover. At the moment, there shouldn't be any outstanding problems." Nezu looked up, replying, before looking back at his paperwork.