Chapter 167 - The Product of What I've Become

Shinsou gently patted Midoriya's back, as the smaller boy threw up into the toilet, "Are you sure you're well enough to go for training?"

Midoriya just gritted his teeth as he tried to catch his breath, "I'm... fine... it's probably just... some mild food poisoning... it's not that bad..."

"Fine." Shinsou huffed at just how stubborn Midoriya was being, "But we're going to see the school nurse before we head for the gym, just in case, okay?"

The smaller boy nodded, as the nausea bubbled up at the back of his throat, before he upchucked into the toilet again, his head spinning.

"Stay here for a second. I'll go grab some water." Shinsou muttered, rushing down to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water.

Shinsou really didn't know what was wrong. It was unlikely to be food poisoning, since their food wasn't packaged individually; their food was delivered to them from the cafeteria in large plastic containers, and the kids would just take whatever food they wanted to eat, so anything Midoriya was eating, the other students were eating it as well.

If it really was food poisoning, some of the other students would also be complaining of stomach aches... though it is possible that Midoriya was just more susceptible to it since he wasn't exactly the healthiest kid in class.

Or maybe he just caught another cold from someone, like what happened the last time 1-B and 1-A had a joint training session and he just collapsed.

By the time he got back to the room, Midoriya seemed to be done throwing up, having washed his face and rinsed his mouth, and he gulped down the water that Shinsou provided.

"Are you absolutely sure that you can go to training?" Shinsou asked again, and Midoriya nodded, between gulps of water, "Yeah... I'm fine... It's nothing..."

Reiko walked into the bathroom, holding onto the resealable bag of gummies in her mouth, before dropping the package by Shinsou's feet. Shinsou picked up the package, before handing a gummy to Midoriya, and the green haired boy took it, before putting it in his mouth, hoping that the sour flavor could help stem the nausea.

-----------------------

After checking in with the nurse, who for some reason, couldn't find any problems with Midoriya, but just told him to drink a lot of water since he was pretty dehydrated from the constant throwing up, they made their way to the gym. They didn't want to be late, since Aizawa would probably chew them out big time, so they got there five minutes early, which gave them more than enough time to change and warm up.

Much to their surprise, they found Mrs Kanri standing outside the entrance to the building. Shinsou instantly scowled, as the green haired boy lowered his head, trying to hide himself behind Shinsou's larger stature. He really wasn't in the mood to be dealing with unreasonable teachers at this point in time.

The Mathematics teacher noticed them, before she stepped forward, looking at Midoriya right in the eye, "I'm sorry for what I said this afternoon. I apologize for shouting at you, and accusing you for no reason."

Midoriya just blinked blankly at her, as the teacher continued, bowing, "I know what I did was terrible... especially considering your circumstances. I'm sorry for my rude, terrible actions."

Shinsou had to admit, he was honestly surprised that the mathematics teacher was apologizing to Midoriya; he was expecting her to be an uptight fucker who thought she was always right when it came to dealing with quirkless people, like most of the mean people that they've bumped into.

Midoriya's expression betrayed none of his thoughts, before it softened slightly, "I... thank you..."

Mrs Kanri straightened up, looking at Midoriya sheepishly, "I'll fix your grade immediately."