Chapter 66 - And I saw the truth

A/N I named Koda's rabbit Fuwa in this story, but I found out that her canonical name is Yuwai, so I changed it.

-------------------

"Hey. You alright?" Shinsou asked, as Midoriya trudged into his room. Midoriya glanced at him, and nodded wearily, as they heard Iida's voice reverberating down the hallway, "Let's put all the mattresses neatly in one of the spare rooms! And the blankets! We don't want anyone to be tripping on them in the morning! Also, who left a soda here!? Ashido, you can't just leave your food here!"

"Just now... Kaminari's quirk... it reminded you of that, right? Being back there?"

Midoriya froze up, and didn't reply, and Shinsou asked, "Do you... want us to tell him? Tell him not to get near you?"

The green haired boy slowly turned around, facing Shinsou, before he shook his head.

"He doesn't have to know. They don't have to know. It's not his fault. It's mine."

"Midoriya, it's okay to be scared, you know. We're all scared of things sometimes. And it's going to take time to get over it." Shinsou replied, watching Midoriya's movements carefully. He didn't want to spook Midoriya any more than he already was.

"I... I still want to thank you. For what you did for me six years ago."

Midoriya shook slightly, clenching his fist as he bit his lip, "You... still remember... that?"

"Of course." Shinsou mumbled, "You were the first one to ever tell me that my quirk wasn't a villain's quirk. You're the first person that ever tried to help me, to encourage me, to even hold a conversation with me without being scared that I would brainwash you and make you do something bad. You got Dad to come and get me out of that place."

Midoriya reached out for his doorknob, and Shinsou continued, "Back then, you were the one that saved me. Not the heroes, not the police, not even Dad or Pops. You were the one that reached out, and offered me your hand."

Midoriya opened the door to his room, and Shinsou asked, "Midoriya, we just want to help you."

"Good night, Shinsou." Midoriya softly spoke up, before he walked into his room and quickly shut the door.

Shinsou stared at the door in front of him, and sighed.

"Good night, Midoriya."

-------------------

"Sleepover!" Uraraka cheered, and Shinsou blinked, "But we all live in the same dorms... does even it matter that much? We had one last time at Yaoyorozu's house, and that was fun, but we weren't living in the dorms then."

"Mhm!" The brown haired girl grinned, "Asui, Yaomomo, Jiro, Hagakure, Mina and I had one just the other day. It was awesome!"

"And you're going to have another one? And since when did you give Yaoyorozu a nickname?" Iida asked, in mild confusion, and Uraraka excitedly nodded, "Hagakure started with the nickname, and Mina slipped up once. Yaomomo didn't really mind, though, and said we can call her that, and it just stuck!"

A loud bang reverberated from the common room, and Iida, Shinsou, Uraraka and Midoriya turned to the source of the noise in confusion. Apparently, Bakugou, Awase and Kirishima were playing some racing game on the Wii, and Bakugou's controller wasn't working too well. Kaminari and Yaoyorozu had already ensured that the controllers were quirk proof, and they had even added an extra layer of protection around the controller that Bakugou was using because of his quirk. The blonde had blasted the controller into the television in his frustration, and while the controller itself was fine, the television was also perfectly fine as well.