59.

I stood in front of the mirror looking at myself frowning. Turning left to right looking at the dress. It doesn't look that good on me. I haven't lost that baby fat as yet. I don't know. I should probably fake sick or something to get out of this dinner. I don't feel like going out.

I sighed turning away from the mirror ready to take off the dress but before I could reach for the zip there was a knock followed by the door opening.

Derek entered the room and instead of saying anything he stayed silent. His silence made me nervous and I started rubbing my hand on my exposed arm.

He was dressed in a fancy suit holding a black box in his hand. I didn't know what the look in his eyes meant so I had to look away so I hang my head looking at my feet in the 3inches peep-toe heels that I'm wearing. If I wasn't self-conscious before I am now with his eyes looking at me with that intense look.

"Derek," I murmured his name breaking him from whatever trance he was in.

"You look beautiful," he compliments, burning me with his eyes.

I was wearing a black dress with my hair in a sock style, small stud earrings, and my three inches peep-toe heels. I didn't want to dress too fancy or wore something casual to dine with him knowing that he'll be going to some fancy restaurant. I didn't guess wrong because from the way he is dressed like he's doing to a conference meeting.

It's not the first time he's telling me that I look beautiful but knowing him now and then, he's a different person. Should I thank him? I know he isn't flattering me but looks at me. I haven't lost the weight I gained while pregnant and I have had a good rest since I gave birth.

It's natural to be tired when being a new mother but that's not why I'm tired because I don't even have a baby waking me up in the middle of the night with his crying. It's just the nightmares and I can't go but be anxious and worried for my child since I can't be with him 24/7.

All I can think about is my little baby boy. I thanked him for the compliment. "You look okay," I complimented.

"Just okay?" He said in a disappointed tone like he wanted me to say something more flattering.

"Yes."

"But I told you your beautiful," he argued.

"And?"

"You should say something nice too," he answered

"Like what?" I asked.

"Don't I look handsome to you?" He gesturing at his body.

"There you go you just said it yourself there's no need for me to tell you."

"You're just being mean. A compliment for a compliment that's only fair," he said pouting and that's was damn cute.

"I thought you had a lot of self-confidence. Why do you need me to tell you that?"

"It's only fair," he said shrugging.

He's acting silly. I'm only teasing him now. Who would have thought Derek Wesley would fish for a compliment from me?

"You do look cute," I said instead.

"I'm not cute, I'm handsome. Men like me can't be cute," he said puffing his chest.

I walked over to him. "Oh really but you look so cute in your suit, with your hair brush back like that, looks like boy going on a date with his crush that finally said yes," I said pinching his cheek

"Then are you my crush?" He asked smiling. I release my fingers from his face but he holds onto my hand.

"I don't know," I said looking away from him. We stayed in that moment, him holding my hand while look away . I don't know what to think about what he said even if we're just having a fun conversation.

"Here I got this for you," he said placing the small black box in my hand and releasing my hand.

"What is it?" I asked looking at the black box. It didn't have any logo on it to say what might be in it. But that doesn't mean that the thing in there might not be expensive.

"Just open it and find out," he answered placing his hand in his pocket.

"I really appreciate it Derek but I told you to stop buying me things. You have done enough for me already and I'm sorry but I can't take it," I refused like I did to his many gifts.

How could I take anything else from this guy? I have been staying in his house for the past few months rent free, consuming his food and all my therapy sessions has been paid for. Not to mention my hospital bills. What else could I want from him? Even when he does it freely I don't want him to spend his money on me like this. I feel guilty when he does.

He didn't take back the box and insist that I open the box. Doing what he says I opened the box to see a necklace. From the look of it, it didn't seem that expensive and it wasn't what I expected not that I wanted an expensive necklace. It wasn't cheap either. It was an infinity pendant necklace.

I stared at the necklace not knowing what to think of it. "Here let me help you." He took the necklace from my hand placing it around my neck and clasping it.  It was light around my neck.  It was simple and nice and I loved it.

"Let's go." I took up my coat and follow him out of the room. He opened the door and I got into the car and he slammed the door shut. He glanced at me before driving off in the direction of the restaurant.

The drive was silent and I didn't mind. Sometimes it was like this just silence between us.  Through the times we got to understand each other. So there was no point to fill the car with needless talking.

And this is one of the time where my mind is blank, not running any marathon about nothing. But right there at the back of mind things I use to think about and things I should think about is lingering. So for now I'll enjoy my piece of mind.