29.

We walked out of his house and into a waiting car. He opened the door for me I got in and he closed the door telling the driver to drive. He took out his phone the moment the car started to move. I glanced at him but for the rest of the car ride I stared out the window.

The car stopped but I was too gone to realize. I jumped when he tapped me on the shoulder telling me we have arrived. I wish it was an endless drive instead of going to a party that is filled with rich people. I sighed taking a deep breath preparing my heart for what I to happen.

"Ready?" He asked looking up from his phone then put it in his pocket. I just gave him a nod. He opened the door and stepped out into a sea of people standing on the sidewalk in front of the building. There were flashes after flashes, I hesitated but I didn't want him to call me out of the limo so I slide over putting on foot out. I looked up to see that he was offering me his hand. I smiled taking it and put out my next foot and stood up beside him. As soon as I held up my head I was greeted with flashes and a jumble of voices.

The constant hurt my eyes and with every flash I tense. I froze right there and I couldn't move. I just hope that the smile didn't disappeared with my calm heart.

Flashes after flashes greeted me when I walked outside the doors and I had to shield my eyes from the blinding lights. I could hear voices calling out to me asking me questions. I felt people pressing into me. I was so tense and I couldn't move. I didn't want to be here. I hated this point of the day where I am bombarded by greedy reporters trying to find out what goes on inside the walls.

They are the reason I can't go out because they kept taking pictures for their news articles. They swam the place I stay at, I can't have a peaceful day but do I deserve it. Do I deserve that peace and silence and the privacy. I killed him. I stabbed him to death. I had his blood all over me. I still can't get it off of me no matter how hard I scrub. Not even his hands, his greedy eyes they haunt me everytime. They never make me sleep without waking up screaming, panting and sweating.

He haunts me and I deserve it. I killed him. I couldn't take it he's there in the shadow waiting.

I was snapped back to the present when someone pulled me closer and squeezed my hands. I looked to my left to see him staring at me with concern eyes. He leaned over when he realized that wasn't gone.

"Are you okay?" He whispered in my ears.

I swallowed and nodded my head. He eyed me for a moment and I bet I look pale like I've seen a ghost.

"Let's get you inside." He said then smiled as he turned away from me. I followed his lead and smiled but I know mine must looked force. We walked into the lobby of the building and he pulled me in the opposite direction of where the event is keeping.

He looked around then stared at me. I couldn't look him in the eye so I looked down on the floor. He used his finger to make me look him in the eyes.

"What happened out there Rosie?" He asked not breaking eye contact.

"Nothing." I let out a breath.

"It's not nothing Rosie. You freezed up out there." He stated the obvious. It's true I did but the lights, camera and voices triggered a memory. They've been coming back with a vengeance since that day. It's hard to hold them back when they come crashing into me.

"It's nothing. Let's just forget about it and go to the party so I can get this night over with." I said brushing off the subject because it's not the time and place to talk about my past and not ever.

He didn't just take it and run with it. He sighed after staring at me for five minutes and when he realized that I wasn't going to answer him he run his hand down his face and huffed out a fine.