43.

I groaned not wanting to get up out of bed when I've just got back into bed after coming from the bathroom. I guess I need to empty my bladder again.

I wobble to the bathroom turning on the light. "Can you give me a break little one?" I mumbled emptying my bladder turning off the light and going back into my bed.

I woke up hours later. I yawned scratching my head going into the bathroom to take care of my morning routine.

I rubbed my belly turning on the TV then going over to the kitchen to start my breakfast and you shouldn't be surprised that I'm making pancakes.

I leave the dirty kitchen behind for later to sit on the sofa with my breakfast. The sofa is more comfortable to eat at than the stool in the kitchen.

I was half way into my foot before Derek's name then my name on the TV and they were showing the photographs of us leaving the clinic.

"It's looks like Derek Wesley as been keeping secrets from his adoring fans that he's starting a family..." The woman spoke like it's the news of the century. I turned off the TV with a sigh knowing that this was bound to happen no matter how I wish it would not but I couldn't stop it from happening because that was his life and him being in my life means I'll get to be apart of his.

I finished my breakfast going in the kitchen with the empty plate and glass. I cleaned up the kitchen and decided to just clean the apartment overall.

I was vacuuming the carpets when there was a loud knocking on the door that caused my heart to race. I turned off the vacuum unplug it returning it to where it belonged. I looked through the peep hole then opened the door.

He paced through the door slammed something down on the coffee table and continued to pace back and forth, back and forth, back....forth making me dizzy as I watch him. I called his name.

"Derek."

I frowned when he didn't answer. "Derek!" I yelled his name this time hoping to get through whatever is blocking his hearing.

"What?!" He barked flashing his head in my direction I'm sure it gave him whiplash. The look he had in his eyes was intense with his hair disheveled like he had run his hand through it countless times which I guess he did.

"Stop the pacing, you're running a track in my carpet, now sit down and talk to me and tell me what's going on," I told him with a frown. He run his fingers through his hair which I'm guessing is the hundredth time and sat down with the sigh.

I took up the what he dropped on the coffee table to realize that it's not any paper it's a magazine. Not just a magazine, a magazine with a pregnant me on it and Derek hands resting on my back guiding me to the car. 

"I tried to stop it," he was shaking his head. "It's my fault. I know you don't want to be out there in the media. It's the only thing you asked me for and I couldn't give you. I've destroyed your private life." He's blaming himself for this which I knew he had no control over because I knew if it was up to him I wouldn't have been in this magazine. I can tell he tried his best and didn't get enough sleep making phone calls all night.

I don't want him to blame himself because it isn't his fault. I knew we couldn't hide for long knowing who he is and how the vultures tend to circle him like a predator waiting for something to happen so they can snap and print.

I sat down on the sofa beside him taking his hands in mine removing them from his face in the process. He glanced at our hands holding each other then lock eyes with me and I gave him a smile small.

"Derek I'm not blaming you." He gives my hands a small squeeze. "I know you did your best."

He sighs running his fingers through his hair. "The truth is I didn't do my best. Well if I did then these pictures wouldn't have even been in the magazine." He grumbles beating on himself.