38

I woke up with a start this morning throwing the sheet to the side sitting up in bed yawning. I looked down my little bump bigger than before. Unconsciously I started rubbing it sighing.

"I promise I'll protect you, " I looked down to my bump, that's telling me that my baby is growing inside. "I promise, " I said again sitting on the bed before getting up going into the bathroom to get the day going.

I went downstairs with my bags heading to the door. "Wait, " I stopped by the door turning around to see Mr. Wesley at the top of the stairs his hair wet after just coming out of the shower.

He comes down the stairs stopping in front of me. "Have you eaten?" He asked and I don't know why but it confuses me. I shake my head. "Come let me make you something to eat before you leave, " he said turning and going in the direction of the kitchen and I guessed I followed him not wanting to deny one more day of free food even though I wanted to be out and on the road so i can get my apartment with the necessary things like a bed to sleep on and some food.

I left my bags by the door taking a seat on one of the stool watching him moving around the kitchen making breakfast.

"Thank you, " I said when he placed toast and scrambled eggs with a glass of orange juice in front of me. I asked him if he isn't going to eat as well but he said no so he watched me ate it then place the empty plate and glass in the sink when I was finished.

He followed me to the front door and before I could pick up my bags he told me to wait. I stood there with my belongings in my hands when he came back wearing shoes holding keys in his hand.

"Let's go, " he said heading for the door with me standing there.

"What?" I asked.

"I said lets go, " he repeated.

"I know, I mean where are we going, I already told you I'm going to my apartment today, " I said as a reminder like he forgot his brain this morning.

"And I'm driving you, " he said to my confusion.

"You don't have to do that, my car is out side, " it's not really my car but his.

"I know, " he said leaving out the door holding it open for me. I walked outside ready to argue when he took the bags out of my hands. I didn't get a chance to fight to have them back when he shut the door walking to his expensive car waiting like he planned all of this.

He opened the car throwing the bags in the back seat shutting the car door opening the passengers door waiting for me to go inside. I wanted to be stubborn and fold my arms across my chest but instead I sighed getting into the car. When he shut the door with a slam then running over to the other side to get into the drivers seat I looked out the window staring at his manson watching it as it disappeared from my view. I sat back when we were minutes away from his house and was now in the city again.

I sighed in my seat sitting back with my arms crossed while he drove me to my apartment. He stopped in front of the building that's going to be my home on one of the many floors. I got out while he grabbed the bags from the back. He looked up at the building walking towards it.

The protest died in my mouth. With both got on the elevator and before I knew it we were in front of my apartment door. I take out the keys opening the door to the thought of seeing a bare living room but to my surprise it was fully furnished.

I blinked thinking I was dreaming but when I opened my eyes again it was still there. I wanted to rub my eyes or make someone pinch me but when I walked into the room and looked around it was more than just a couch there was a Tv, a large carpet, I walked into the kitchen that was booked out, the cabinets packed with food and the fridge just as packed, I search the remaining of the apartment and like the rest of the apartment it had the necessary things  and not empty the first time I stepped into these empty rooms. The other room was left empty.

I went back into the living room where I left him standing his hands now in the pocket of his pants. "D...Did you do this?" He nodded. "All of this?" I motioned all around the room. He nodded again.

Part of me wanted to refuse it all. I wasn't a charity case but another part of me was very grateful that I didn't have to go through this long process of going to stores buying and paying for men to do all the heavy things for me.

"Why?" I asked still not use to his giving, him caring for me and going out of his way to do things for me.

"It's your money anyway, " he said with a shrug guessing on some of my thoughts. "I thought I would do all the hard work for you, " he added. I didn't have that much money to cover all of this stuff but I think he said it's mine so I don't refuse it.

"When?" I asked.

"Well, " he scratched at his head. "I didn't do it myself, I only made a phone call."

Of course he did but it didn't make it anymore heart warming. I looked around the room again turning to face him again. "Thank you, " I smiled to show him how grateful I am for all he has done. I wanted to hug him but thought better of it. I put my hands behind my back not knowing what else to say.

"Here, " he was holding out a piece of white paper to me. I took it from his fingers that was holding it. "It's my personal number, you can call me anytime you need something or just someone to talk to, " he must of seen my confused face as my eyes flicker from the paper to his face.

"Okay." I took the paper from his hand looking at the number on it.

"I...uh..." He rubs the back of his neck. "I'm going to go..." He trailed off. "Do you think you'll be okay to come back to work I kinda need those design?" He asked unsure but I didn't forget that I need to go back to work.

"Sure, " I answered with a nod. He left the door closing behind his back. I sat down on the couch finding it very comfortable.

I don't know what I am going to do today I had plan to do some shopping but he did it for me and there is nothing else to do since I didn't plan further ahead in case I was finished in time since I know might take a day or two to get the apartment into a home.

I got up deciding to unpack my bags in one of the room that I've chosen to be mine. I'll turn the empty room in a nursery. My mind tells me that he left it like that so I can prepare it for myself. I smiled at the thought.

When I was done putting away the clothes I sat on the bed looking around in the room to get a good look around and surprisingly everything fits my taste.

I think I would have picked out the same stuff I was going to buy it. None of it looked too expensive like the things in his house but just as comfortable.

I was playing with the paper deep in thought before I put it in the nightstand closing the drawer. I laid down on the bed looking at the ceiling. I turned my head to the side looking at the picture on the nightstand how happy I looked while on his back how the smile on his face caused the side of his eyes to wrinkle.

I didn't even realized I put it there when I was unpacking but there it is glaring at me, mocking me with their happiness, with something I'm sure I have lost.

I sighed reaching over to put the face of the frame down so I don't have to look at the framed happiness.