Chapter 40: Gone Again

*Ryan's P.O.V*

"C'mon guys! Lets go!" 

Will's voice roared over the group as we piled into the trucks that were all lined up in the barn parking lot. We were paired- no one going off on their own. 

Baz and Koda were in Baz's Silverado. 

Will and Sage backed out of their spot so fast, they nearly spun a 180. 

Rhys and Anora were already starting up the driveway, their 4-way lights rapidly flashing to clear any traffic in our way. 

I jumped in with Adam, leaving my truck at the barn. We were halfway down the driveway in what seemed to be nearly only a minute after loading into the vehicles. 

Speeding out of the barn driveway, Lewis nearly flipped his F-250.

I was praying the whole way. Praying that the girls were safe. Who would want to target Kat and Charlotte? It has to be someone that we have a history with, but I can't think of who. Well, except for one person. However, in this moment, Charlie isn't really able to do much since her partner was arrested. Plus, she's in it for trying to get Baz back, not me. At this point, we're out of options. My only guess is that it could  be Charlie, but it wouldn't make much sense. But I do know one thing, Adam as well as I...

We're getting our girls back. 

------

We pulled up to an off-ramp to see Karen's two-horse trailer flipped on its side. Kat's truck was still there, its front left tire blown out with a knife not that far away. However, the black Mustangs that the girls had mentioned weren't there.... and neither were Kat and Charlotte. 

"We have to figure something out." Anora said as Lewis took pictures of the damage to the trailer. 

That was went my phone went off. I checked it to see a text from...

"It's Charlotte!" I said, gaining a crowd around myself. 

Hey babe. I don't have long, but they stopped at the gas station right by the off-ramp. All three of them. Kat and I are in the back of two of the Mustangs, though, I don't know which ones we're in. I hid my phone, and they couldn't find it. Here's an image of every plate unless you can't catch us. 

She sent three images- every one of them had the license plate of each Mustang. The one major this was... the tags were from out-of-state. None of these were California plates. One was from Idaho and two were from Texas. The tags didn't look up-to-date either. 

Got it. We're coming, sweetheart. 

Don't get yourselves hurt, please.

We won't. Just hold out until we get there. 

Please hurry! I think I hear them coming!

On our way!

"Let's go lads!" I called out, running to Adam's truck. The flashers were never stopped and the off-ramp was clear as we sped towards the gas station. We caught the intersection at the perfect time as I noticed three pitch-black cars pulling out of the Sheetz parking lot. 

"Over there!" I pointed in the direction of the cars and Adam whipped it straight through the light- which was still green. We ran up right behind the Mustangs, which were a whole lot smaller than our trucks. Our engines were loud and I think it triggered my next message from Charlotte. 

I hear you behind us. Just follow until we stop. They said something about an abandoned place on a one-lane dirt road. You might be able to swarm us when we get there.