Chapter 50

*Kat's P.O.V*

Today was another big day. 

A week ago, Baz proposed to Koda on stage at Jackie's. Just a quick side note- we haven't seen Charlie, Pauline, Mila, or Kori since then. We think they may have finally given up and gone back to the UK, which we're all okay with and happy about. 

We'd flown down to Texas to be with Raine's family at her funeral. She may have turned her back on us, but she used to be our friend and we still have good relations with her parents. It was hard, in all honesty, to see her buried. But, her actions were her own- and she didn't have to jump out of the window. Anora had said there was plenty of room for her to catch herself. Her death was declared a suicide. 

Once we'd landed back in California, we all, minus Anora, began helping Rhys with a project of his own. The guys have now been here for about two and a half years and today was the 'anniversary' of when Rhys asked Anora to be his girlfriend. It was going to be a special day for my pastel-loving friend.

But first, I had my own event to worry about. 

---

"Hey babe." An exhaustion-thickened voice purred from behind me. Before I had time to turn, I felt Adam's arms around me. They tightened slowly, snaking their way to the opposite sides as far as they could reach without my boyfriend crushing me. 

He tucked his head against my neck, barely giving me any room to move or fight back in case her tried to tickle me. He knew better than to mess with me like that, especially when it was this early in the morning. If Adam tried anything, he knew what he would get... and it wouldn't feel very good. It would actually be rather painful, and he seemed to learn his lesson quickly the first few times he tried to tickle me. 

But those thoughts shattered; disintegrating from my mind as I felt my neck being pecked ever-so-slightly. It then grew to a bit of a feathering kiss, and Adam moved down to my shoulder. I couldn't help the hitch that got caught in the back of my throat in response. 

Adam chuckled lightly, but his voice, which instantly fell deeper, was nothing but an attractive growl.

"Do you like that?"

I nodded, not being able to form any words. I mean... I could've tried, but the sound that would have escaped would have been some kind of nearly-inaudible noises and broken up words. I could hardly piece a proper, three-word sentence together... so I did what I could. 

I allowed my head to fall onto Adam's shoulder, my 5'11" boyfriend hugging me a little more gentle this time. 

"I love you, Kat."

At last, being able to regain my use of English, I managed to whisper slightly: 

"Love you too."

-------------

*Rhys's P.O.V*

"I'm so nervous, lad. I don't know how this is going to go..." I said, leaning against the wall beside my door. 

Lewis sat on my bed, trying to calm me down about today. I had to hand it to my poor friend- he was trying so hard. Every time he told me that it would be alright, the devil trying to crawl onto my shoulder said otherwise. Lewis would say something helpful, then the voice would try to turn it against me.

"You'll be alright, mate. We'll be outside the door."

"They'll leave you to do it on your own."

"I promise, you'll do great! She'll love it!"

"Or will she?"

"I have a strong feeling that she'll say yes, Rhys. Anora is YOUR girl. She's as in love with you as you are with her."