Chapter 32: Rescuing Ryan (Part 2)

(Another titled chapter... WHAT??)

*Rhys's P.O.V*

"C'mon lads!" Baz whispered, ducking into a shallow gap between two walls. 

All of us were able to fit... except for me. 

"D*mn broad a*s shoulders." I cursed. 

"Mates!" Lewis said, glancing back at me. "Razzy can't get in here!"

It was then when I got an idea. I noticed that there was never one single person to a cell, but at least two or three. One of the cells close by seemed to only have one prisoner, however. A sign on the bars to the iron door read:

"Waiting For Payment"

"I'm going to get myself caught."

The boys started to protest, but I backed myself.

"The cell has someone who is being dealt with. The sign says that a payment is being waited for. I'm going to get myself thrown in there-" 

"Grab him!" A voice yelled from somewhere close, but when I ducked out of sight behind a rack of sheets, I realized that the person wasn't talking about me.... It was another prisoner. He ran to the cell that I had been eyeing, grabbing the bars tightly and shaking the door.

"Let me in here, man! I'll do anything!"

The prisoner in the cell turned, his face emotionless. His brown hair was hanging in his eyes, and I could barely make out the exhausted gray that coated them. They were so dull, I couldn't tell what color they were supposed to be originally. A laceration lined the side of the drained man's head, staining small streaks down his neck. His shirt was nowhere to be seen, exposing his beaten shoulders and back. 

He turned his head slightly to the left, away from me and responded in a low voice. However, the guards had run another way, causing this part of the area to fall silent. This enabled me to hear what had been said.

"Go back to your cell.... it's no use running around here.... You won't be freed...."

He turned his head back to face the wall in front of him, away from the desperate man.

"No, No, No... let me in please! When you girlfriend comes to get you, I can slip out! We'll both escape-"

The prisoner in the cell snapped his head up and back around. He darted from his seat on a bench, to the door in an instant. His hands clasped the bars roughly, trying to catch himself from nearly tripping over his own feet. The prisoner winced in pain at his fast movements, seeming to regret getting up so quick. He soon returned his attention to to man in front of him, glaring into his eyes. 

"I don't. Have. A. Girlfriend... I am being hunted by a yandere."

The levels of aggression in the prisoner's tone made his voice shake. He was tired. He was agitated. He needed help. 

The prisoner flipped his hair from his face. I froze, and looked back towards the others. 

-----

Lewis stuck his hand out, and the three began whispering to each other. My 6'2" friend gave me a sign to go on once the crazed man was out of sight. 

Then, there was more yelling. I waited for my time. The prisoner inside the cell retreated to the corner and sat against a wall. He tucked his head behind his knees, and a guard laughed at his depressed state. 

"Tony, get back here!" 

The desperate man ran off and disappeared behind the wall. 

It was my turn to make a scene.