Chapter 13: Spending A Day Together: Raine and Ryan

*Raine P.O.V*

(Last night)

Ryan and I were standing out on the balcony, watching the five horses below us. Rambo was scratching She-Ra's neck and she was returning the favor, showing the same act of friendship to the white Paso Fino. Panther and Raven were off grazing a few feet away and Erebus was standing on a wide mound of dirt, keeping watch over the herd.

"Vigilant, isn't he?" Ryan asked, flipping his hat around backwards and leaning against the rail, watching the horses intently. 

"He has to be. Erebus is the alpha. He watches over the others and protects the mares." I responded. Ryan turned his head slightly, now facing me more than the horses.

"Huh... Isn't there a specific name for a horse's rank in dominance? The Pecking something?"

"The Pecking Order, yeah. And it's exactly what you said it is. Erebus is the alpha, Panther seems to take the role as Beta, and Rambo is just the goofy-sh*thead." I said the last part with a straight face and Ryan tried to stifle a laugh, though it came out without much hesitation. 

--------

*Ryan's P.O.V*

It was about 20 minutes later and we were about to head inside. 11:00 had rolled around and we were both exhausted, but I wasn't quite finished.

"Hey, Raine?" I asked as the purple-haired gamer was jumping down from her spot on the rail (she was sitting on it beside me, which I found to be kinda hot.). 

"Yeah, what's up?" She asked, brushing a strand of hair from her face. 

"I was wondering if you'd like to go off with me tomorrow with me... just a way for me to get to know you better, because if I'm honest... I hardly know anything about you. I mean I've watched you for years and everything but-" I paused, feeling a light blush spread onto my face. Thank God it's dark. "-I want to know what's beyond the surface."

"Aww... Ryan. That's sweet." She said. "I'd love to spend tomorrow with you."

"Great." I said.

That was almost easier than I thought it would be....

------------------------

We'd first thought about going to a mall not too far from the house, but after a few minutes of discussing it, Raine instantly jumped with another idea. There was a new Dave & Busters down the road that had just opened a week ago. We then settled on spending the day there. 

Now, here I am....Trying to grab Raine from a human-crane game that sat in the middle of the arcade. 

"What has my life come to? I'm trying to win my favorite YouTuber from a claw machine." I laughed and Raine threw her head back, flopping onto a large banana that was in the corner. I laughed again, watching her dramatic-playfulness. "I can't reach you back there."

"It's fun in here though!" She laughed back, standing up and walking into the middle of the enclosed space. I lowered the claw above her and it began to close by her feet. She jumped and crouched inside the claw, not wanting to fall out of it, though the floor was padded. 

It slowly moved to the front left corner and dropped Raine into the shoot. She slid out onto the floor beside me and we both busted into a laughing fit. 

"I won RainePlays! Oh my God!" I laughed, keeping my voice down a bit so I wouldn't cause too much of a scene with her. It wasn't as if no one had noticed us-- we were basically swarmed by a group of fans once we arrived. They'd seen us on their way out, so we didn't have much attention now.