Chapter 53

*Charlotte's P.O.V.*

"I can't live my life without asking one thing- for you to be by my side, always..." Ryan said, kneeling down in front of me. The box vibrated gently in his slightly shaking hands. "I don't want to even try to imagine being with anyone else. I only want you." 

Time seemed to slow down. Was this really happening? My favorite YouTuber, turned crush, then turned boyfriend, was proposing to me. How did I get so lucky? I couldn't believe how I'd been so fortunate be able to meet the love of my life, and that he actually loved me back. 

I felt tears threatening to fall, but I tried to only let a few show through. I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed, but in the best way possible. 

"Charlotte, will you marry me?"

Before I had time to answer, I was hit by a soft, however forceful impact.

I awoke with a start, jumping slightly and glanced to see Ryan playfully holding something behind his back. As soon as I looked at him, he quickly turned his head away from me and acted like nothing had happened. He scrolled, almost looking too interested at his phone. 

I cleared my throat, having given him a 'reason' to face me.

"Oh, you're awake." He said, smiling at trying to discreetly drop the pillow behind him. He snaked his way onto the bed and laid down beside me, then rolled over me, grabbed the covers as he went. 

"Wait- Wait Ryan!" I squealed, not having time to say anything else before we both cascaded to the floor- a loud thump now coming from my room that I'm sure everyone downstairs had heard. My nightstand slid away from us, Ryan's shoulder pushing it back when he hit the ground. 

I landed on top of him, earning a huffed 'oof' from my mischievous boyfriend. His accent broke through in sharp spurts as we both struggled to get untangled, and to get me off of his chest so that the poor man could breath. But what can I really say?

He brought that on himself.

A knock on my door made me jump, but we continued to try to free ourselves nonetheless.

"Come in!" I called out, still laughing and struggling against the trap that Ryan had made. 

Baz opened the door, but froze when he saw what was going on, and he started laughing as well.

"How did this happen?"

"Your best friend decided to wake me up, that's what happened." I said, finally kicking free of the blanket and managing to push myself up off of Ryan. 

My boyfriend wheezed, trying to regain the breath he'd lost when I winded him only a minute ago. Baz shook his head, slightly chuckling.

"You two are a mess. We were about to make a bet on whether or not you two were going to come through the ceiling." He laughed. 

"Nah, mate." Ryan groaned slightly, trying to sit up. "We're all good. It'll take more than us screwing around to get through thick wood like this."

"Well, evidently the sound waves didn't have a problem with it." 

Baz was really starting to pick up on Koda's sarcasm, and we all thought it was beyond hilarious. Ryan shook his head, laughing. A mark had formed on his chest from where I'd been drug down from the bed and landed on top of him.