Chapter 23: Late Night Vet Trip

*Ryan's P.O.V*

"Well.... that just happened...." Ray said, resulting in Lewis hugging her sideways. 

"Do you guys think he would've survived that?" Will asked, glancing at everyone in the group. Koda looked over the side and shook her head. 

"Nah."

"What should we do about it?" Sage asked and Koda started to run off. 

"I'm going down there." She said, grabbing a large metal sled from against the wall outside and heading back to the cliff.

"That's a long drop, love..." Baz said, sounding a bit on edge. However, the other four girls returned soon after, each with the same type of sled in hand. 

"We've done this multiple times, trust me. And it's whatever you wanna do- go or stay. It'll only take a minute to get down there and we'll call the horses to come get us." Raine explained. Rhys shrugged and knelt onto the sled with Anora, who was kneeling the same way. 

It didn't take long for us to decide to go with them, since we hardly knew this guy and he apparently is Koda's abusive ex-boyfriend. Once Raine said they'd done this before, Baz was on with Koda, kneeling the same way that everyone else was. 

---

"Ready guys?" Ray called out, Lewis behind her. She wrapped the rope around her hand tightly, the others doing the same. She then pulled up on the front end of the sled and let it drop, sending them flying down the side of the mountain. The rest of us followed and it was a surprisingly easy ride. I was expecting to hit a bunch of rocks and bumps, but it seems their experience on the mountain carved a few paths for the girls to follow. 

"Do y'all see him anywhere?" Anora called over the wind slapping us all in our faces. But it wasn't long before a source of movement caught my eye. 

"There he is!" 

Raine met my line of sight and steered the sled towards Justin, who was dragging himself down the rest of the mountain. After that fall, I'm surprised he's still alive. 

We pulled up to a stop and caught Justin by the shoulders, careful of his cuts and lacerations that covered his body. 

*Baz's P.O.V*

"You have a lot of nerve, mate- treating Koda the way you did." I growled, the green tint in my eyes piercing straight into Justin's rage and pain-filled, ice blue glare. 

"She will never love you the way you think she does. Her heart belongs to me! I'm her one and only!"

"Not quite. You're my none and lonely." Koda stated, shutting him up quickly. 

We were in luck, however. The cops showed up just a minute later. Someone must have called them when Justin fell from the cliff. 

But when the lads and I returned to our house later that night, I had my own problems to worry about.....

--------

~11:30 pm~

I woke up to the sound of whining. My vision hazy and my body not fully awake, I shoved it off and tried to go back to sleep. This is the first night in a while that I've slept pretty decently, despite the events from earlier today. 

But still, the whining continued. Pain-induced whimpers came from beside my bed. I glanced over, expecting to see Bailey dreaming and chasing something in her sleep. That would explain the noises that only she could be making.

But my hopes were way off base...