Chapter 12: Spending A Day Together: Sage and Will

(Don't play the song until I say plz.)

--------

*Will's P.O.V*

(Yesterday: Texting Baz)

Are you going to ask Sage, mate?

Yeah... I' just nervous as all h*ll

I feel 'ya man. I'm pretty anxious myself

Where are you gonna go with her?

Dunno. Imma let her decide. 
Kinda hoping we go to the barn. I'd like to see the horses.

Gotcha. I think Sage said something about a 
karaoke club that her friend runs.

Oh that'll be great for you

XD I know. 
What I don't know is how I'm going to ask her.

You'll know when the time comes. 
That's how I'm playing things with asking Koda.

'Ight....

--------------

(The next day)

I'm glad I asked Sage to spend the day with me today. I haven't had this much fun in a long while.

The two of us were currently sitting at the bar, Diet Pepsi in Sage's hand and a Monster in mine. It was nice to see a non-alcoholic club in LA. There were no fights.... everything seemed so freindly-- and it was. 

There was a small stage risen up in the middle of the building, centered with tables surrounding it on the 'base-ground' as Sage's friend and owner of the club, Jackie, calls it. To the left of the building in the back corner was a raised platform with a pool table and air hockey, which were packed from the time we had arrived. We'd managed to get a round of pool in, and Sage really proved herself as the master until she over-shot the Que ball, gaining me open access for the win. 

The bar ran along the middle of the building and wrapped around the right side, making it the longest bar I've ever seen. 

We'd been here most of the day, only making a quick stop at Starbucks before heading down this way. It was now 4 pm and the lights began to dim around the outside of the club, leaving a few single lights to shine down on the small stage platform as Jackie made her way onto it, addressing the crowd/customers that gathered around her.

"Hey y'all! I hope you're enjoying time at Jackie's Karaoke! As y'all know that starting just a few minutes, the karaoke will be open for anyone who wants to have a hand at making it onto leaderboard for this season's singing finals. The winner will get free entry for a month and will have a photo of themselves on the wall over there."

Jackie pointed to the right wall that held a large collection of photos from over the years. Some were taken of groups of three or four and of a pair of two people, mostly females that looked like best friends or sisters. But the majority of the winners were a single person in each one, those who I'm assuming had amazing solo voices.

"The panel is now open. To sign up, you can see Bryan at the front counter. Don't worry about admission because this is a free event. It's a way for us to have fun and show off some vocal talents that our community possesses. Thank y'all and good luck to the contestants!"

Jackie jumped off of the stage and Sage immediately turned to me, whirling around on her stool and nearly flying off the side of it. I laughed a bit and she grabbed my shoulder for balance. I felt my face heat up as she did so, her grip tightening gently as she steadied herself.