Chapter 17: Thursday

*Lewis's P.O.V*

Thursday soon rolled around and the boys and I were preparing to get our entry tickets for the competition at Jackie's. Will seemed a bit on edge about today and offered for us and the girls to go as a big group instead of just Ray and Sage going alone. Of course, I was fine with it-- and the lads were too-- but he acted as if he was afraid of something. But typical Will... he didn't want us to worry, so he tried to hide his nervous expressions.

But there's something that happened yesterday that might explain (at least a bit) why Will seems so nervous about today.....

~~~Yesterday~~~

*Ray's P.O.V*

"Okay Sage, the tickets will be in tomorrow. What time do you want to leave?"

"Uh... how about we try to get there right as Jackie's opens? Say... be there at 9:30?" Sage suggested, seeming a bit zoned out but present at the same time. 

"Yeah, that's fine." I said, sitting on her bed as she-- once again-- was sitting in her gaming chair. "So how about we leave around 8:30 and grab something on the way?"

"Sure." She said, now appearing to fully leave reality. 

"Sage? You okay?"

"Huh? Oh.. yeah.... I'm alright...."

"Uh huh..."

"I'm fine, Ray. Seriously." Sage said with a bit of a laugh. But the next moment caused her to jump. Someone knocked on the front door.

"Sage!" Anora called from downstairs. I got up to leave and was met by Will in the bedroom doorway.

"Hey bud." I said, patting his shoulder before leaving the room fully to take She-Ra for a ride.

*Will's P.O.V*

"Hey Sage."

"Hey.." She said, her voice sounding tired and nervous.

"You alright?" I laughed a bit, a little amused by her reaction to me being here.

"Yeah. Just tired and stressed and anxious for the finals and I lost all of my Five Nights With 39 footage..." Her voice drifted and I laughed again.

"That's tough."

"Yup... and I'm nervous......"

"About what? Seeing the girls?"

"Partly that..."

Sage seemed like she wanted to say something else, but couldn't. Her face showed struggling signs of finding the words to say.

"What's the rest?"

She glanced up at me slightly before biting her lip and turning her head away. 

"I've fallen for someone..." She said, refusing to face me as she said it. 

"Oh..."

I didn't know what else to say. Was it me? No... It couldn't be. She probably thinks that I'm some weird b*stard that doesn't do anything but make videos for a living while she actually works....

"And I don't know if he likes me back..." She added.

"Sage, whoever it is.... he's lucky to have you find him interesting. I'm sure he's a great person that would love to have you in his life."

Sage looked back at me, her brown eyes flooded with ease and.... amusement? She rested her hand on mine and laughed a bit, seeming to calm down.