Chapter 18: Thursday *Part 2*

*No One's P.O.V*

"Bye guys! Good luck next week!" Jackie called to the group as they left the club. 

Ryan and Raine strode hand in hand, as did Will and Sage. They were all too caught up in laughs and stories about each other to notice two people glaring at them from the other side of the street. They watched with pure interest as one's eyes fell to the black and teal-haired girl specifically while Koda walked beside Anora and Rhys with Baz close on her right. 

"Is that her?" The first person asked the other.

"It sure is." Answered the second.

"How do you know?"

"Are you blind? Don't you see the black and teal hair with the silver strip? It's exactly as he described." The second man bit back.

They kept an even pace with the gamers from the other side of the road, watching and scanning the group intently. Eventually, their controversy sparked around the guys.

"Who is the ginger with her?" The first man asked. 

"I don't know Gabe, but Adam won't like it."

"C'mon Russel. Let's just leave it alone and say that we didn't find them yet. Then he'll give us more time to investigate this guy." The first man, Gabe, said with a bit of edge in his voice.

"No. Adam put me in charge of getting Koda back to him. I'm not going to blow off the fact that we saw her with someone else. He'll kill me."

"He'll kill us both anyway if we tell him about that thing ." Gabe said, resorting to a name of disgust about Baz. 

"Shall we take this back to Adam?" Russel suggested once again and Gabe sighed in defeat. 

"Might as well I guess."

-------

Meanwhile, the gamers turned the corner and headed towards the café that Koda and Baz went to a few days ago. 

"Hey! Karen's here!" Ray said as her eyes fell to a red Dodge Ram 2500. The truck had a horse decal on the left side of the tailgate and that's how they would identify it was Karen's.

*Anora's P.O.V*

"Hey y'all!" Lewis said as we sat down with Karen, Carrie, Buck, and Maggie.

"Hey!" They all responded, sounding surprised to see us here.

"I thought you were working today, Buck." Koda said, sitting beside him with Baz on her left. Rhys and I sat across from them and the rest filed down the line. 

"Nah, I'm off today. I figured I'd come see the ol' mule." Buck answered, his deep voice making the guys jump a bit. 

I laughed and turned to Rhys.

"Scared?"

"Scared? Phhhh.. no." He glanced at Buck again and took a short pause. "Intimidated.... yes."

"Don't worry about him. He's not bad. Buck's a good guy." Sage whispered from down the table a little ways. 

"He owns Apache." Raine added.

"That would explain why he calls him a mule." Baz laughed, followed by Koda, Rhys, Lewis, and Ray. 

Apache isn't really a mule, but he acts like it. He's a large, stubborn Belgian draft horse that uses a mule bit when riding. 

"How's everything going today?" Koda asked Karen.

"Great! We were able to get half of the horses out thanks to Carrie."