Chapter 22: Justin

(I'll tell you when to play the song)

----------

*Koda's P.O.V*

"Are you sure about this, lass? What if I screw myself up?" Rhys asked, concern in his voice.

"You'll be great, Rhys. Trust me."

Baz and I had pulled the Scot over while the rest of the group ran into the arcade in front of us. 

"You'll do fine, mate. It's not as hard it seems. Lots of people make it out to be terrifying, but it's like a small adrenaline rush. Once you get started, you find it hard to stop because you'll be too distracted my the moment to worry about reactions." Baz added. "That's what happened with us. I got too caught up in the moment to stress about the outcome."

My boyfriend laid his arm around my back and I rested my head on his shoulder. Rhys blew a nervous sigh and shuffled his feet a bit as Ryan came up and put his hand one Baz's shoulder. 

"Hey mate. Can I see you for a minute?"

"Yeah."

Baz walked into the arcade with Ryan, leaving me with Rhys to finish preparing him for his big move on Anora. On camera, he may seem like he could handle anything like this. But when reality hits, it can be pretty stressful.

????? P.O.V

There she is.... My lost love.....

She had gotten away from me once, but not this time. My friend can keep his money. I want her and her only. But wait.... who's that with her? He looks like the guy with black hair that my buddy told me about. But if that's the guy with black hair, he isn't a threat, right? He's only put on guard by the guys with ginger, chestnut, and dark brown hair. If this guy is the one with black hair and he's heavy-built like this...... I wonder how big the others are.....

*Koda's P.O.V.*

After a few hours at the arcade, we made our way downtown to Jackie's. The contest may not be until tomorrow, but Rhys is about to the learn the stage a bit sooner than the rest.

"You ready bud?" Ray asked the Scot, who was nervously running his hand through his hair. 

"Sorta... I guess...." he said, laughing a bit to calm his anxiety. 

"You'll be great, lad!" Will said. "And the song that you chose is perfect!"

"You sure?"

"Positive!" Raine said as Jackie came up to grab Rhys. 

"You're on, my guy!"

Will handed Rhys his guitar and the Scot left with Jackie to head backstage. The club just had a larger stage put in on the left side of the building, replacing some of the gaming area. There was now a bridge-like passage  from the large stage to the small platform in the middle of the building. 

----------

"Hey y'all! Thank you for coming to Jackie's! I hope you're having a great night!" Jackie said, earning a loud applause back from the crowd around us. 

"Where's Rhys? He's missing this." Anora said, confused as to where the gamer got to.

"We have a special guest tonight. About a week ago, you guys met Will Ryan of DAGames, who sang Lookin' For a Showdown, a song inspired my the indie game Showdown Bandit. Tonight, you will be hearing from Will's friend, who is singing Masterpiece, a song from the movie High-Strung Free Dance. While you may know him on the internet as Razzbowski, I give you Rhys Williams!"