Chapter 7: Chicken Fighting Is For Inside The Pool, Rhys- Not On The Edge of It.

*Ryan's P.O.V*

It's been two days since we moved to LA. Baz told me about Charlie and Pauline's hunt for us and honestly, I wasn't all that surprised. I just hoped that they wouldn't find us, give up, and go back to the UK.

"So mates." Lewis said as Rhys shut the door to mine and Baz's room. The girls were all outside in the pool and we were about the head out as well, but Lewis said he wanted to tell us something first. "I think I've got a bit of a problem."

"I think we all do." Will remarked, smirking a bit and crossing his arms. "I mean, we all just moved here and now we're crushing on these girls." 

"I think Baz has gone beyond a crush already." I laughed and the ginger rolled onto his back on the bed. "He's completely fallen."

"I won't argue." He said and we all made knowing glances at one another without him knowing. 

"So I wanted to know who everyone likes, just so we know what to expect in the future." Lewis said and Rhys couldn't resist the temptation to tease him.

"Or so you can make sure none of us like Ray." 

Lewis playfully glared at the Scot, making Rhys put his hands up in defense. 

"I'm just sayin', lad."

"Well, I have a thing for Raine." I said truthfully and I felt Baz knock his hand into my head. 

"I knew it since the freaking Twitter texts." He laughed.

"I like Sage." Will then said. "I know I said I probably would take a while to get over Sophia, but honestly, I think I have now."

Rhys nodded before adding:

"Well I think Anora is pretty hot. I saw her and was like 'Holy a*s!'." 

We laughed at Rhys, who had to quote himself from multiple videos.

"What about you, mate?" Lewis said as Baz pushed on my head again. 

He was laying sideways on the bed and I was sitting on the floor with my back against it, so it was easy for him to reach me.

"Eheheh....uh..." The ginger said, blushing and quitting his fun with messing with my head. He sighed and gave in. "Koda. All the way." 

"He's crazy for her." I said and Baz sat up and sat against the wall. 

"Am not!" He whined playfully, like a 8 year old who had been accused of being a chicken because he wouldn't do something. We all looked at him with faces that said 'seriously?' and his face burned crimson. "Okayyyyyy...... maybe just a bit."

We held our gaze, trying to look unimpressed with how he was trying to hide how much he liked Koda. Finally, after a minute, he cracked.

"Okayyyy a lot!" He sighed in defeat.

"I was about to say, because you told me-" I teased, receiving a pillow to the face followed by a playful 'shut up!'

After our gamer version of a teenage girl gossip session, we finally changed into our swim suits and went out back with the girls. They were sitting on the horse statues and laughed when we came out. 

"But now they're out here!" I heard Raine say, sounding nervous. 

"You have to!" Koda laughed and Raine sighed.

"Fine."

She stood on the back of the horse she was on and backflipped into the water. I watched her, not noticing the blush creeping its way to my face until I was lifted from the ground.

"Rhys!" I yelled, laughing. "Put me down, mate!"

"Okay!" He said, stepping closer to the pool.

"Wait Rhys! I didn't mean-!" Too late. The tall Scot laughed as he threw me into the pool. The water, though, wasn't all that cold, nor too warm. It was actually pretty comfortable. 

I surfaced and watched everyone laughing. Raine was beside me soon and I blushed.

"Hi." She said shyly, her own face dusting a bit pink.

"Hey." I panted, trying to catch my breath from being thrown into the water. We swam back until we touched the wall (no pun intended! Ryan fans, you understand the touchwall meme) and watched the boys messing around. 

"It looks like you're no the only one." Raine said and I watched as Lewis bowled Will over the side, both of them smacking into the water with a forced that looked and sounded a bit painful. When they breached the surface, Will tackled Lewis back down, diving with him. 

They re-surfaced and my attention was soon brought to Baz and Rhys, who were standing on the edge of the pool. Baz said something and Rhys backed away, seeming fake-scared of him. 

"I'll bet Baz threatened to throw him in." I laughed.

"No offense to either of them, but I don't think Baz could really throw Rhys. Rhys is pretty well-built." 

"Rhys may be heavy-set, but he's solid as crap. He's lighter than he looks. And Baz is really strong." I said as Baz tried to run for Rhys, only to be grabbed at. He jumped back and flipped his hair to the side. 

"Let's go ginger!" Rhys playfully taunted. The other girls laughed and swam over to sit with us.

"Come on Baz!" Will called and Baz tried again to grab Rhys. Even a good hold on his waist and he'd be able to slam the Scot into the water. But the tides soon turned. Baz ran for Rhys, trying to fling him over the edge. Rhys stumbled back a bit, but held the ginger fast, gripping his shoulders.

"Oh no!" I laughed as Rhys ran towards the pool, about to throw Baz in, but Baz kicked Rhys behind the knee and drug him down with him. I ducked under the water to avoid getting splashed as they hit and resurfaced to see Koda and Anora laughing with red faces. 

"Better luck next time, Baz!" Koda called to him as they swam over. 

"Oh yeah?" He asked, then disappeared under the water. I noticed him circling around Koda like a shark and stopped in front of her.

"Where did he-?" Was all Koda could ask before being drug under the water. 

The rest of the girls squealed and we all laughed as she became nothing more than a blurry shadow. 

*Koda's P.O.V*

"Better luck next time, Baz!" I called to the ginger as him and Rhys swam to the group after falling in the pool.

 "Oh yeah?" He asked, then dove back under the surface of the water. 

"Where did he-?" I started to ask before I felt a hand on my ankle and was pulled under water.

After the surface closed above me, I glanced around my wavy surroundings. Baz rose from the floor of the pool and smiled innocently at me. His green eyes captivated mine and something happened that I wasn't expecting....