Chapter 24: The Competition (Long Singing Chapter)

*Anora's P.O.V*

Last night was h*lla rough. Baz had to put Bailey down due to a rip in her stomach lining that was unable to be stitched. We buried her under a large Redwood where she always sat, watching the horses whenever Baz would bring her over. 

"But today, there's a new focus." Baz said as the group was huddled in a big circle in the corner of the backstage area. "Now's the time to move forward and not let any setbacks get in the way." 

"Well said, love." Koda said, hugging Baz sideways and resting her head on his shoulder.

"I knew for the past year that I'd have to let her go sometime soon. I was prepared and I'm alright now." The ginger added. "You guys don't need to worry about me. The only thing you girls should be worried about is trying to get past us guys in the ranks."

"You wish." Ray laughed, flipping her hair behind her shoulder. 

"Alright finalists! We're starting now with Titanium Harmony!" Jackie informed us and three girls of a younger age than us gathered at the doorway leading to the stage. 

"Now, allow me to introduce three girls who are clearly related to each other! Hope, Kennedy, and Trixie Matthews! This is Titanium Harmony!" A guy announced from the stage, and the girls left to perform their song.

---One Hour Later---

"Now, these next two groups obviously know each other. But this first group in particular have some who are familiar to the world of music. They call themselves United Kingdom, and it's no surprise where they are from. You may know them as DAGames, Razzbowski, Dawko, Bazamalam, and 8-BitRyan from YouTube. Guys, I give you Will, Rhys, Lewis, Ryan, and Baz!"

Jackie's voice was full of energy as the guys ran out to the stage, the crowd filling with screaming fans of the five English gamers. 

(Couldn't find the lyrics to copy & paste here, just use your imagination on who sings what for this song!)

They guys immediately went into another song after the first, and I was shocked at Ryan's voice to say the least. Let's just say that I though Raine's head was going to burn off of her shoulders.

(Play song while reading lyrics)

-Baz-

Got a letter from a dear old friend
Gonna catch up on old times
Reminiscing of the time we'd spend
Using ink to fill the lines
When I got back to the workplace
I could tell something wasn't right
There was something in here watching me
And I couldn't get back outside

-Lewis & Ryan-

Projected lights emphasize the dust in the air
I don't remember that cardboard cutout being there

-All-

I don't even know what I'm doing here
Dripping off the walls from a little smear
Wander 'round the halls in the atmosphere
Of this work of art
I don't even know what I'm doing here
Bringing back a shine to the rusty gears
Acting like an improv engineer
In this work of art
I don't even know

-Rhys-

Heading deeper into the place
Gonna see what I can find
Inky mechanics filling up the space
I don't know when it was designed
Guess I'll need to start the power
But the means is really strange
There's a sinking feeling deep in me
When the room has been rearranged