Chapter 9: Spending A Day Together: Baz and Koda

The next 5 chapters will be the same day, just told from different P.O.Vs. This one is Koda and Baz. Pretty much what happened is, the boys decide to ask the girl they like to spend a day with them so they can get to know each other better (And possibly fall even harder for them!). 

---------------------------------------------------------

*Koda's P.O.V*

After we returned from the zoo, Baz asked me if we could spend the next day together. He said it was because he wants to get to know me a little more, and I honestly returned the same energy. We never really spoke of what happened in the pool, mostly because we both were a bit nervous after it happened. 

We've been at the barn for about an hour and the stalls are now done. Carrie left a note saying that the upper shed and half of the main barn were done, but she had to leave to feed her own horses (it's the same barn as my previous stories btw). There was an event going on today and everyone was gone with the young riders, so Baz and I were keeping things running today.

"So do we have to do anything specific with the horses or do we just let them out?" Baz asked as I led Harley, the stallion, into his stall and closed the door.

"Normally during the week we work them by riding or long-lining. But today, since everyone is gone, Karen said we can just let them out." I answered, making sure Harley's door was locked. He always tries to push it open and if he gets out..... It would be really bad. 

"Gotcha." Baz said, spinning his pitchfork in his hand. "So what do I do again?"

"You stand back and make sure the horses don't run the wrong way. We want them in the bullpen, down there." I pointed to the open pen at the end of the barn. 

Baz nods and stands behind me, holding his pitchfork in case Trigger makes a wrong turn. I was also there to help, but I was letting the palomino colt out of his stall as well. He danced around, snorting and itching to be let out. 

"Ready?" I ask and he answers with a focused 'yep'.

I slid the door open and flipped the tailboard up. Trigger ran from one side of his stall to the other, waiting for me to move. The young blonde colt gave me a look that said 'get out of my way or I'll run you over'. 

I quickly dodged out of the way as he bolted from his stall, hitting his flank on the door in the process. Trigger stumbled a bit before regaining his ground and darted down the aisleway, galloping into the bullpen and trotting around while seeming to decide whether or not he wanted to run back out.

Baz laughed as Trigger freaked out at every move we made from then on.

"He has a lot of energy, doesn't he?" He asked while we stood at the gate for a minute, making Trigger jump and run around the pen and doing it again when he calmed down.

"Yeah, he does. He takes after his mama quite a bit, meaning he has energy, confidence, and is a little sh*t." I laughed, followed by Baz. 

I watched Trigger as the ginger gamer light tapped on the gate, sending the blonde colt in a frantic canter that switched to a fast, high-stepping trot. He stopped in the middle of the pen, blowing and snorting with his head and tail held high. I snapped a quick photo of him and laughed when I brought my phone down. 

"You think you're hot stuff, don't 'ya Trig?" I said and the horse walked away, sniffing the freshly mulched floor of the Bullpen. I heard Baz mutter something under his breath, but I couldn't make it out, so I shrugged it off as nothing. 

--------

2 hours later, Baz and I were in Gabby's stall. I had tacked Panther up and took him in the ring about an hour ago. Baz stood in the middle of the ring and recorded my ride while watching our every move with pure interest. He seemed so hooked from the start, so I threw a western saddle on Rain-Man and helped the clueless gamer guide him around the ring.