Chapter 51

*Kat's P.O.V.*

Today started off like any other. That was, until I notice Adam was acting a little off...

"Hey hun." I said, hugging him from behind once I entered the guys' house. "You okay? You don't seem like yourself. You're normally bubbly and insane, but you're very quiet." 

"I'm fine, baby girl." Adam tried to reassure me, turning to peck my forehead lightly. 

His voice sounded husky; full of exhaustion. It sounded like he hadn't slept in days. 

"You sure?"

"I'm alright, Kat." He said. "I promise."

-----

*Adam's P.O.V.*

Kat seems to be onto me. She's picking up on the change in my behavior. I'm not too surprised, but I hope she doesn't get too curious. However, my plan is perfectly in place. 

When the girls got here, she came up behind me and hugged me. I was barely saying anything on the group chat this morning- which isn't like myself at all. I'm normally cracking a thousand jokes a minute, but this time, I was pretty limited on what I was saying. 

While she was still clinging to me, I was hugging her back, of course, but I was also texting someone while she couldn't see.

*Three Hours Later*

"Kat... there's something I want to tell you." I said, my face grim and serious. "It's just... not that easy."

"Adam?" She looked scared. "Is everything okay?"

"Everything's.... fine....? I guess? I just-" I cut myself off.  "-Some things have... happened..."

"What's going on?" She asked, her face laced with worry and a little hint of fear. 

"I can't say." I said.

"Why not? Adam, I'm worried about you. You aren't this quiet about anything and when it comes to something serious, I want to know that you're okay."

"I wish I could tell you-" I started, hearing a loud pounding on the door.

"ADAM!"

"Who is that?" Kat squeaked as I went to lower the blinds and pull the curtains closed. 

"Kat, trust me, you just need to hide. Now." I said. "Don't let them see you."

"Them? Who's them? Adam! What's going on?" Her voice raised itself out of fear. 

"Like I said, I can't say. They'll kill me if I did-"

"OPEN UP ADAM!"

"They'll WHAT?" 

Kat was truly terrified right now.

"Kat, baby, please." I begged. "Please go hide. I can't let them find you. It's me they want and if they see you, I have no doubt they'll do something that I wont be able to get you out of in a timely manner."

She said nothing, but stood frozen. 

"Go, please." I urged. 

Kat finally complied, running to hide behind in the living room. We have two couches on two walls that meet. Both couches touch each other and there's a space behind them in the corner that Kat lowered herself into. 

At that moment, the front door busted open.

"FREEZE ORTIZ!" The figure shouted, aiming a gun to my chest. Another loud noise came from the back door, then two more on either side of the house. Soon, I was surrounded by four men, all dressed in black. I could only see their eyes; nothing else. They all had me at gunpoint and I had my hands thrown up in surrender.