Chapter 5: Making Friends

*Anora's P.O.V*

"Koda!" 

My friend turns to face me, Panther gracefully cantering towards us. Erebus tosses his head and prances in place. 

"What's up?" She says, stopping beside me. 

"Do you think we should do our run?" I ask as I notice Ray, Sage, and Raine trotting up to us.

"If front of them?" Sage questions, sounding surprised and excited at the same time.

"Sure! Why not? Since we're still on, why not give them a bit of a show?" I say and a rise of approval comes from the group as we head to our places along the rail of the ring.

"What are they doing?" I heard Rhys ask the boys and I felt a blush run across my face.

 I gripped my hat and pushed it against my head as if to make sure it wouldn't fly off, nodding to Sage from across the ring. The only thing I heard after that was the wind in my ears and the sound of Erebus's plate-sized hooves thundering against the dirt.

*Koda's P.O.V*

We decided to  perform our trick run for the guys before we get off. Anora and Raine were on one side of the ring while Sage and Ray were on the other, facing the back. I was positioned at the far end, facing the same way they were while lined up for the center of the ring. Anora and Sage looked at each other, both holding their hats for a second and nodding to each other. Erebus and Rambo danced impatiently as the girls kicked their horses into full gallop and rode around the edge of the ring. Ray and Raine soon followed them as Panther reared up, darting down the center of the arena. 

As the rest of my friends rode the rail to start with, I fell in the middle between Sage and Anora. I stole a quick glance at the boys, who were standing in udder shock. Lewis was recording our whole ride I'm assuming, due to the fact he'd had a camera out since they'd arrived. 

We rode along the rail at full speed, flipping over the horses and dragging from their backs at various points of the ride. Things then slowed down as the four girls lined up in the middle of the ring while I continued along the rail. Anora faced Ray, and to Anora's left, Sage faced Raine. Their horses all reared, pawing the air as they came back down. The girls made them back up a few steps as I prepared to gallop through them, veering my path from the rail to the center line of the ring. 

I gripped onto Panther's shoulders as I quickly kicked myself onto my feet and stood on his back. I turned to look behind me as Raine, Anora, Sage, and Ray soon filed behind me. I leaned with more pressure on my left foot and Panther turned to his left, making a sharp cut across through the ring's center. We then turned right and cut down the center longways as we had just done. 

Once we were right about in in the dead middle of the ring, I pushed off of Panther's withers, sending myself into a backflip as Raine, Sage, and Ray slowed to a canter while passing under me. As I came out of the flip, I felt something strong moving under me. It was Erebus's flank. Just as we'd practiced, I landed my backflip on Anora's horse, standing behind her as she slowed to a stop and lined up with the other girls.

*Rhys's P.O.V*

Lewis was recording the whole ride as the rest of us watched from the fence. They were crazy awesome! I never could do something like that! 

I tried to watch what each girl was doing, but I always found my eyes being locked on Anora. Her perch on the large horse was beautiful; her hair flowing neatly behind her, her relaxed position while riding at a full gallop, her- 

'Rhys, dude. Shut the heck up!'  I told myself. 'You just freaking met the lass and you're already into her! You need to stop being such a flirt.'  Weirdly enough, I argued back to my own head.