The Wedding

*Wattpad kinda of messed up, so sorry if any of the words are like a million miles apart*

Jess POV

This was it. The big day. My day, Luke's day. Our day. The day the started the rest of our life's together. 

My hands shook with nervous excitement as I tried to straighten out my dress. What if Luke doesn't like my dress? What if he changes his mind? What if I'm not good enough? The thoughts flew through my mind, worrying me, making my hands shake with more nerves.

"Honey, you look fantastic. Luke will love it," My mother's voice drifted through the room from where she stood at the door frame.

She walked from the door over to me, her gait slow. She placed her hands gently on my shaking shoulders. 

"Relax Jess, there's no need to be so nervous," She continued trying to calm me down.

"I know, I just can't believe this is finally happening," I whispered more to myself than to my mother.

Tears glistened in her eyes, threatening to destroy her make up. She reached to pull a tissue from the box and wiped her eyes. She smiled, but there was pain visible in her eyes.

"I didn't think I would live to see the day my only daughter would get married," She was holding back her tears. Her words causing me to feel the pain she was feeling. Despite all our fights, I was impossible to imagine a world with out my mother.

"I just wish Dad was here to see it," I spoke my mind. I was bubbling with excitement, happiness and joy, but a part of me just wished my father was with me. As a young girl I had always imagined walking down the aisle arm in arm with my father, to the handsome groom at the end. Of course I had the handsome groom, well Luke was better than just handsome. In replacement of my father, I would be walking with my mother's boyfriend.

"Some things are better with certain people," Bitterness flooded her voice. My father was always a sensitive subject for my mother.

"I know," I sighed, allowing silence to fill the room.

The silence was broken mam's boyfriend, John, walking through the door.

"Oh Jessie, you look wonderful," He complimented me. I cringed at his awkward nickname for me, but smiled in return. 

"Are you ready to go?" He smiled, clearly just as excited as both my mother and I.

"Definitely," I moved from my statue position and linked arms with John. 

I was almost shaking with excitement and nerves as we walked our way to the old black vintage car parked perfectly outside the front door. This was actually happening, I was marrying the love of my life, I was going to get to spend the rest of my life with him. I couldn't quiet believe that it was actually happening. 

I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face as we drove to the church. Every second that past was getting closer to the rings and I dos. 

*                             *                              *                                             *                                                        *

Luke's POV

The church doors open and my heart seemed to beat a thousands times faster. The bride's maids Lauren and Ciara walked in. Their lovely pale blue dresses covered their shoes and they walked with such a grace it appeared as though they were merely floating rather than walking. Behind them was Jess, my Jess, my beautiful bride walking arm in arm with John. Her dress hugged her tight around the stomach and then sprawled out to where it reached the floor. The dress had a sweetheart neck line, which made the necklace I had given for her 21st birthday stand on perfectly on her neck. Her hair was done up so that only a few curled pieces escaped the perfect updo, and there was a few flowers placed randomly through out it. She too moved with a grace that made it look as though she was floating, but it was more angelic. She was like a angel without wings.

My expression changed from that of a nervous smile to a truly delighted smile and in return she smiled back. I wanted to run up the aisle and hug her, and took everything I had not to. She walked slowly, almost too slowly. It killed me having to stand there waiting for her to reach me. 

After what felt like forever, Jess was finally beside me. She let go of John's arm and took both my hands. She squeezed my hands and looked me on the eyes. She was nervous I could see it behind her smile, but her so was I. It seemed impossible to believe that we were actually here, in the church, getting married, a formal way of expressing our love for each other.

The priest spoke, and spoke and spoke but I wasn't listening, and neither was Jess. I was simply waiting to put the ring on her finger, and have her do the same to me. I wanted everybody to know how much I loved her, how much she meant to me. I felt that they all needed to know.

My attention only perked up when the rings were brought over to Jess and I. The priest handed me Jess' ring. I took it with a shaky hand and the priest spoke again.

"Luke, do you take Jess Winters, as your wife, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health till death do you part?"

"I do," I smiled and slid the ring onto Jess' finger.

He turned to Jess, and handed her my ring.

"Jess, do you take Luke Hemmings, as your husband, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?"

She smiled and me, "I do," and slid the ring carefully onto my finger.

"You may kiss the bride,"

I pressed my lips against Jess' and she kissed me back. It was short and sweet, but perfect all the same.

"I love you Luke," she whispered, loud enough for just me too hear.

"I love you too Jess."

A/N

I apologise that this took so long for me to upload, and that it is really short but I hope it is okay!

The picture is what I imagine Jess' hair to look like. I tried to upload a picture of the dress as well, but Wattpad wouldn't let me put two pictures on this *sigh*. It's a really nice though!!

I'm not really to let go of the this story yet.... I'm never going to be over it. So if any of you want me to write about a paticular thing, like an alternate wedding/proposal, or a certain Luke and Jess date. They won't interfere with the already existing story, they'll just be extra/alternate uploads. I can put them into a seperate Wattpad book, if that makes it less confusing. But yeah if anybody is interested in that just leave a comment telling me what you'd like me to write about.. if anything. 

^ That literally so YouTuber-ish lol!!

Thank you all sooooo much for reading ily x