Chapter 36.

Jess P.o.V

I woke up to the creak and bang of my bedroom door. I rolled over on my side, and opened my eyes. My vision was blurrred from the sleep in my eye, but I could still see Luke peacefully sleeping beside me.

Immediately I knew something wasn't right. Luke was still sleeping and lying quietly beside me. My mam was away on her business trip, so she couldn't possibly be home. How had my door been opened?

I wiped my eyes to remove the sleep and clear my vision. I moved my body so that I was sitting upright and looked around my room.

"Mam," I squeeked, "What are you doing here?" I was suddendly of the conscience of the fact I was wearing Luke's t-shirt and all he was wearing were his boxers.

"I was wondering the very same thing about him, Jessica?" My mam responded, keeping her voice monotone, using my full name.

"It's not what it looks like, I swear," I defended myself, but quietly so as not to wake Luke.

"Then what's he doing here," She crossed her arms over chest, refusing to break the scowl planted upon her face.

"He called over yesterday because, well, I asked him to and then he was going to go home, but I begged him to stay. I didn't want to be alone all night, you know I hate staying on my own. He didn't want to stay, he was going to go home, but I made him stay," I tried to explain, my voice barely louder than a whisper.

"Well I don't aprove," She shook her head, respectively keeping her voice low

"You wouldn't give a flying fruit cake if it was Ashton, of course,"  I didn't mean to compare my boyfriend to my best friend, but it was the only thing that would work when she was in such a bitchy mood.

"Ashton's different," She hissed.

"No mam, Ashton is still a person of the opposite sex, who you have never had a problem with sleeping over," I was doing my best not to scream at her. If it wasn't for Luke sleeping, there would be World War 3 happening between me and my mother.

"No Jessica it is completely different, Ashton never slept in the same bed as you. Nor did I ever come in to find you wearing Ashton's clothes, and him wearing almost nothing after you two doing who knows what," She was starting to raise her.

"M-," I began.

"Jessica, you will tell him to leave," She pointed furiously to Luke, "And we will continue this once he is gone." She turned on heel and without further discussion left the room. She made sure the door made a loud bang as it closed, just to wake Luke up.

Sure enough as my mother's heels stomped against the wooden staircase Luke began to stir beside me. He slowly opened his eyes, before reaching his arms out to hug me. 

"Morning Jess," He half smiled, his morning breath hitting me in the face.

"Luke you have to go," Worry took over my voice.

"Well nice to see you too," He chuckled, not sensing my worry.

"Please Luke, you need to leave," I put more panic into my tone

"Why what happened?" He caught onto my panic, and was now very much alert and awake.

"Well you see. My mam came home early and came up here. She saw the two of us asleep together and she is having a shit fit. She told me you have to leave, and she'll talk to me once you've left," I rushed my words together.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry I didn't mean to get you in trouble," He sighed.

"No Luke's it's my fault, I didn't think she would be back. But you really need to go," I removed his t-shirt and pulled the blankets close to my body. I handed the t-shirt to him and pecked him on the lips. "I'll call you later. I'm really sorry."