Chapter 13.

Ashton P.o.V

I woke up to the sound of the bus door closing and my phone beeping telling me I had a message. I picked up my phone to read the message.

From Jess: Hi! Me and Luke are gone to the Zoo :) See you when we get back or we might see you there!? :)

The message hit me harder than a good punch in the stomach. Jess was gone out with Luke. The wave of jealous that I hated flooded me again. Forgetting my feelings for Jess was getting harder and harder and I had feeling that I was going to break one of these days.

I got out of bed and pulled open the curtains on Michael and Calums beds. I shone a light in each of their faces, making sure to wake them. "Seriously what the fuck," groaned Michael, "It's a Sunday morning and your waking me up how early?"

"It's nearly 12," I responded looking down at my phone.

"But it's Sunday Ash. Why would wake anybody up on a Sunday?" Calum turned over trying to go back asleep.

"I was just wondering if we're still going to the Zoo?" I asked them.

"I don't know, its to early for me to function. Go ask Jess or Luke or anybody," Michael muttered. 

"I'd ask them but there already gone," I retorted still annoyed and a bit hurt. Dammit, there was no way I was getting over Jess any time soon.

"Gone where?" Michael asked. I think Calum was asleep again.

"To the zoo, like on a date," I sighed.

"Oh so Luke finally grew a pair of balls and asked her out," Michael chuckled.

"He said he wouldn't ask her out," I mumbled more to myself.

"Oh come on Ash, get over it, he was obviously going to ask her out. I know you like her but she likes Luke. Be happy for her and find yourself another girl," Michael said obviously annoyed with me.

"I hate to say it but your right," I groaned.

"Good because I'm sick of having this conversation with you," Michael turned around, "I'm going back to sleep now,"

"No you're not because we're going to Zoo," I retorted.

Neither Calum or Michael wanted to go the zoo and they were convinced the only reason I wanted to go was to watch Luke and Jess. I really don't like the fact that they were on a date but I wasn't weird enough to stalk them. I wanted to go to the zoo because we said we were going and I wasn't going let Luke and Jess stop me.

It took forever, okay well just over half an hour to convince Calum and Michael to get up and go to the zoo. I'm not even sure why I wanted to go to the zoo so much, but I was excited.

~

A few hours later we were nearly finished with zoo and it really hadn't been great. Calum and Michael complained about being tired most of time and there always seemed to be loads of people in front of the interesting animals. By the time we found some place to eat even I was bored and tired of the zoo. 

We walked over to the food bar and looked at the menu. There really wasn't much to choose from which put me in a worse mood. But I was hungry and I wasn't walking any further to get food. Michael and I told Calum what we wanted and then went in search for a bench to eat at. There was basically no free benches so we ended up sitting on the grass.

I was thinking the day couldn't get any worse when I turned my head a little too far left. It felt like I had been stabbed repeatedly in the heart with a knife. There was Jess and Luke leaning in to each other, reaching each other and kissing. Then they stood up and held hands and started walking around the zoo.