Chapter 18

Jess P.o.V

We were finally back from the tour. We flew back from Christchurch and took a taxi to Ashton's house. We were just being lazy watching Rise of the Planet of Apes. I was sitting beside Luke with my head resting on his shoulder.Ashton was sitting on the floor on his phone, probably texting Bella. Calum and Michael were sitting on the single sofas eyes glued on the screen. I love Rise of the Planet Apes, but I always cried at the end when Caesar walked into the forest telling Will he was home. It just always got to me but I couldn't let myself cry this time. If I cried at least one of the boys would hold it against me and I wasn't letting that happen.

When we got near the end of movie I took out my phone and went on twitter to distract myself. I heard a sniff from beside me and looked up at Luke. I saw a tear in his eye, and just as it fell from his eye I brought my thumb up to his face and wiped it away. 

"Aww witl Lukey is crying," Calum laughed.

"You bawled your eyes out the first time we watched so you can't talk," Luke retorted.

"That's because it was the first time I saw the film, who doesn't cry? This is like the tenth time we've seen it, you knew it would happen," Calum said back to him.

"It doesn't matter how many times I see it, it is still sad," Luke defended himself. At this stage Michael, Ashton and I were laughing too hard at them. They continued this fake argument for another ten minutes. Luke was saying why it was okay to cry, while Calum was telling him why he shouldn't be crying after seeing the film so many times. It was funny to listen to them. None of their reasons made any sense, but it was entertaining to listen to them.

"You do realise you'remaking no sense," Michael laughed, shutting them up.

The movie was well over at this stage and it was nearly midnight. "I really need to go home," Luke sighed looking at the clock. "Oh and before you go I better tell you that Bella is coming up tomorrow. She'll be here around 8 o'clock tomorrow night. Anyway I need all of you here because Jess and Bella don't get on," Ashton explained to Luke. I was so grateful that Ashton was getting Luke, Calum and Michael to come over while Bella was going to be here. "Yeah sure of course,"  Luke smiled. Both of stood up so I could hug him before he left. He kissed my head, grabbed his jacket, said goodbye to all of us and walked out the door.

"Luke is your boyfriend so I get why he should be here when Bella gets here tomorrow, but I don't see why I have to be?" Michael pouted looking at me. "I would much rather be sleeping," He laughed.

"He has a point," Calum laughed.

"I haven't talked to Bella in over 10 years even though I saw in school nearly every day up until a few years ago when she moved away, but I really don't like her and she doesn't like me. Apart from Ash," I pointed at Ashton, "You guys are basically my best friends. I need people to talk to while Ashton is with her," I smiled.

"Okay then bestie," Calum laughed.

"Okely dokely best friend," Michael also laughed. 

~

"You're seriously amazing for doing this," Ashton smiled at me.

"Oh sure I'm just the best," I responded sarcastically. We were all at Ashton's waiting for Bella to arrive. She was due to me here any minute and I was preparing my best fake smile. It knew it was going to be really awkward once she got here. I was so worried. Talking to someone who you haven't talked to in thirteen years could go two ways: Brilliantly or Disaterous. For Ashton's sake I was hoping it would go brilliantly.