Chapter 23.

Ashton P.o.V

"Bella's moving back to Sydney," I smiled, telling the guys the news. Calum, Michael and Luke all smiled, but Jess looked away from the laptop and at the ground.

"So when is she moving?" Calum asked.

"In three days. She's already found an apartment, all she has to do is move her things but she's getting a delivery truck for that," I explained. Calum, Michael and Luke asked a few more questions about Bella moving, but I noticed that Jess continued to stare at the floor and didn't say anything. 

"Guys can you leave for a minute, I want to talk to Jess?" I asked them after a few minutes of talking to them

"Go to the kitchen and help yourselfs to whatever is there," she smiled at them, as they left the living room.

"So what's up?" She asked me.

"Are you okay?" I ignored her question.

"Yeah I'm fine.  I'm just surprised Bella is actually moving back here," she sighed.

"You don't want her to move back, do you?" I persisted.

"It's not up to me what she does with her life," she shrugged her shoulders.

"You really don't like each other, do you?" I sighed.

"No Ash, we don't. There's no point in denying it. I respect that you like each other and enjoy each other's company, but I'll never get along with her again; we're total bitches to each other," she explained.

"Keeping my girlfriend away from best friend is going to be very hard," I thought aloud.

"It will but we'll find a way,we always do," she smiled.

"Yeah we will," I agreed with her.

"I better go though before they burn the house down," she laughed.

"Okay. See ya in a few days," I smiled before closing my laptop.

I knew it would be hard having Bella as my girlfriend when she and Jess hated each other, but I needed to find a way to make it work. Bella was great and I really liked her, but no matter what happened I needed Jess. No matter what she was always there for me and I would be lost without her.

Jess P.o.V

"Come on babe, smile," Luke wrapped his arms around me from behind. I tilted my head back and smiled up at him. "Is that good enough for you?" I asked.

"No because it's not real," He sighed, turning me around to face him

"Says who?"

"Jess I know you and that smile was not real."

"Fine, you got me," I sighed.

"Well then tell me whats wrong and I'll make you smile for real," He smiled.

"It's really childish and stupid," I blushed.

"I don't care how childish it is, I just want to know what's wrong," he persisted.

"Fine, it's just that I don't want Bella to move back. I know it sounds horrible but I really don't like her and if she moves back to Sydney I'll probably have to see her," I started but Luke interupted me, "Jess, Sydney's a big place, she mightn't be living anywhere near here"

"I know it is Luke, but she's Ash's girlfriend and Ash is my best friend. I spend just as much time with Ash as I do with you and if Bella is his girlfriend I'll end up seeing a lot of her," I sighed realising how stupid it sounded.