Chapter 39.

A/N This is the unedited version so I'm sorry for any mistakes:)

 Luke P.o.V

My phone ringing bounced and echoed off all four walls of my room. The roaring noise pounded in my head, as I tried to nurse my hangover. I rolled over on my side and picked up my phone. The brightness of the screen nearly blinded me and my groggy morning vision. Ashton's name flashed on the screen and I answered it, remembering he hadn't been at the party.

"Where we you last night?" I mumbled, almost falling asleep again.

"Luke's now is not the time, I'm afetr fucking up seriously," He sounded as though he was crying and this woke me up properly.

"Shit Ashon what did you do this time?" I groaned sounding bored but then thought of Jess, knowing there was a 99 percent chance they were together. "Is Jess okay?"

"No Luke," He sobbed.

"Ashton what happened, hurry the fuck up and tell me," I shouted. I rolled out of bed and starting looking for anything to wear while I listened to Ashton.

"We were out driving and.... and I-I," His breathing speeded up and he sobbed again. 

"Ashton spit it out," I yelled tugging a t-shirt over my head.

"I crashed the fucking car and Jess hit her head of the dash board and won't wake up. You have to come down to us," He cried.

"I'm coming, text me telling you where you are," I hung up and ran out the door, grabbing my keys on the way.

I started the car and sped out of the yard, waiting for Ashton's message to come through. I drove with no direction until my phone beeped, indicating Ashton had text me. I pulled the car over and read the message. Before re-starting the car, I pushed all emotion to the back of my mind, forgetting the fear and panic inside of me. I drove as fast as I possibly could and took every possible short cut I could. 

I couldn't ignore the panic building up inside of me when I saw Ashton's car at the side of the back road. The bonnet of the car was completely crushed and damaged. The left front light was cracked and the bulb was broken. There was a thin silver line across one of the doors, where the black paint had been scraped off. The timber fencing at the side of the road was completely broken and had fallen into the field.

I ran from my car to Ashton's car and frantically pulled open the door. Ashton was sat in the drivers seat sobbing to himself while looking over at Jess. Jess was slumped forward with her head on  the dashboard. There was a bruise forming on her forhead. Her hands were also on the dashboard, in the same position they would have been if she was putting them out to stop herself from falling. Her hair was placed over her left shoulder, clearly put that way by Ashton. I tried to keep a calm mind, I had to think things through logically.

"Ashton," I shook his shoulder.

"Luke, thank God you're here. I literally don't know what to do," He whispered.

"We have to bring her to the hospital Ashton, we need to make sre she is okay."

"She hates the hospital, no way am I bringing her to the hospital," Ashton snapped.

"You're being ridiculous Ashton. What are we supposed to do if we don't bring her to hospital," I was incredibly annoyed with Ashton for being so stubborn.

"Drive her back home. Sing to her. Wait for her to wake up. I don't fucking know Luke."

"So you want to stay sitting here and wait for her to wake up?" I laughed harshly and pulled on my phone to ring the emrgency number.