Chapter 32 (part 2).

Jess P.o.V

I pressed the bright green call button with a shaking hand. I wasn't ready to do this, but i knew I had to. There was no way around it, I had to do it.

I brought the phone up to my ear, my hand still shaking and waited for him to answer.

Luke P.o.V

I looked at the name illuminating my phone screen, and immediately answered without a second thought.

"Jess," I breathed.

"Luke, I need to talk to you," She whispered, her voice sounded hitched but she still managed to emphasis the need.

"Okay," I smiled, as joy passed through me. It was possible that what she wanted to talk to me about would be bad, but it still meant an actual conversation with her.

"Not now, I need to actually talk to you face to face. Can I call over tomorrow?" She rushed as though she couldn't get the words out fast enough.

"Of course, that's perfect," I was still smiling.

Without another word spoken or breath taken the call ended. 

Jess P.o.V

The Next Day

I clutched the lyrics and my phone in one hand and with the other I rang doorbell. I was erupting with nerves, and it only got worse when I heard soft footsteps getting closer to the door. I was considering walking away, and just pretending I forgot to call over but the door opened and I had no choice but to walk in.

"Hi Jess, he's upstairs," Liz brightly smiled as though it was just a normal day and I was still with Luke.

"Hello Liz," I smiled back. I slowly walked in the door and smile once more at Liz before making my way up the stairs. My steps were slow and careful. The closer I got to the top of the stairs the slower my steps became. I was walking so slow I was almost stopped by the time I reached Luke's door. I put out my hand to knock on the door but retracted immediately. I waited a few seconds, took and deep breath and tried to ready myself. For the second time I put my hand out, but this time I knocked on the door. It was a quiet knock but loud enough that Luke would hear me. I heard the squeeking of a bed, the sound of feet hitting the floor, and the slow movement of Luke's footsteps as he neared the door. The door opened with a low creek as it scraped the dusty floor boards.

 His room was different to the last time I had been there. His bed was now on the opposite side of the room. His desk that was piled with clothes and random sheets was now at the end of his bed. The room was messier than before, there was sweet wrappers and empty soda bottles every where. The only tidy area was the corner where all his guitars were. 

"Hi," I said timidly.

"Hi," he replied just as timidly. 

"I suppose you should come in," He half smiled after a few seconds of an awkward silence.

I walked in side the door and headed straight for his desk. I pulled on the chair an sat down. I brought my knees up to my chest and faced his bed. He walked over to his bed and sat down near the head board. I felt a pang in my chest as I thought about how we used to cuddle together on his bed in the exact spot he was sitting.

I knew exactly why I had come to house, but I just couldn't get the words out. I couldn't think of a logical way to say them. I allowed myself to be silent for a few moments before I started talking.

"I know you're wondering why I'm here," I started, too formal for my liking. "but I need to know the truth," I finished, putting an emphasis on the need.

"But are you actually going to listen to me and believe me," He looked me right in the eyes, completely serious.

"Yes Luke, the only two people who know the complete truth are you and Bella and to be quiet honest I would trust you over Bella any day," I convinced him.

"Just try not hate me more than you already do," He whispered and began telling me what happened.

A/N 

I should be studying but I decided to write this instead! :D 

Thanks for reading, please vote and comment if you liked it! Love you xx