Chapter 8.

Jess P.o.V

His words hurt. He basically said I wasn't the right person to talk to. I had thought as best friends we trusted each other with everything but here he stood in front of me not telling me what was wrong. It was obvious he was upset and I needed to know why. It annoyed me that he wouldn't tell because I wasn't "the right person". It hurt knowing he couldn't trust.

"Why?" I asked, "Why aren't I the right person to ask? I thoguht we were always there for each other,"

"It's just, I can't tell you. I really want to tell you but I just can't, and I hate that your upset with me, I just can't tell you," He explained before walking into the room I had just left and leaving me standing on my own.

I didn't know what hurt more, the fact that Ashton was upset or that he wouldn't tell me what was wrong. I knew he wanted to be left alone so I walked down the stairs and headed into the living room.

"Were you talking to Ash?" Luke asked as I sat down on the sofa.

"Um yeah, he seemed pretty upset but didn't want to talk about it. He said he couldn't tell me what was wrong even though he wanted to," I confessed to them, hoping maybe one of them would know whats wrong, "Do any of you know what's wrong, I'm worried about him,"

"No," they all muttered

"He just left the room without a word," explained Michael.

I felt as if they were hiding something from me, but then they knew how much Ashton meant to me so I had to believe they wouldn't lie to me.

"Ugh. It's so frustrating. I hate seeing him like this," I exclaimed.

"I suppose I could talk to him," Luke suggested, as he walked over to the door.

"Okay thank you," I thanked him, honestly grateful that someone might know what was wrong.

"But if he tells me what's wrong and tells me not to tell you, I won't tell you," Luke warned.

"Yeah that's okay, just as long as somebody knows why he is like this," I said hugging Luke. Really this was just an excuse to hug him. He wrapped his arms around for a few seconds before breaking the hug and leaving the room.

I returned to sitting down and saw Calum give me a sly smile before turning on the t.v

Ashton P.o.V

"Not now Jess," I groaned as Jess knocked at the door.

"Well I think you'll find I'm not Jess so better open the door," Luke responded.

Oh great! Of course it would be Luke at the door. "What do you want," I asked him.

"You need to talk to someone and who better than your best pal Luke," he laughed. Even though I hated to admit it. I needed to talk to him. I slowly moved from where I was lying down and turned the key in the door to reveal Luke standing there.