24 | I Loved You In Secret

He stared at her as she walked downstairs.

Taehyung's fingers brushed against hers, and Joy gulped, holding his fingers ever so slowly and then walked past to her current circumstances. Baekhyun smiled, and held her hand as she glanced at Taehyung over her shoulder as Capo Sal-inja gestured Sungjae to stand with her.

Joy smiled at Sungjae and he took a hold of her wrist. She tried not to flinch and kept that small smile on her face. Her eyes went back to Taehyung, and she curled her hands in fists when saw Hera holding Taehyung's arm and smiling brightly.

"Back to you, darling." Hera mouthed, and Joy rolled her eyes. "Dear fiance, how are you doing? Didn't see you whole night. Where were you?" She looked at Joy, and the latter raised her eyebrows.

"I didn't want to spend time with you." Taehyung pulled his hand away and looked back and forth between her and Baekhyun. "You were busy yourself, so let's call it even."

Huening Kai came there as well and nodded at Sal-inja members. Yuna waved at him, standing behind the elders and he bit back his smile. She blushed, but her smile fell when Felix came in, and met her gaze. He cursed under his breath and threw a hard glare in Huening Kai's direction. Yuna gritted her teeth and refused to see him anymore, which agitated him for some reason.

Yeji stood in the corner, pissed. Crossing her arms against her chest, she almost burst into anger when saw her stupid fiance, Taemin came to her. He wrapped an arm around her shoulder and she kicked him with her heel. Looking at her wide eyed, he bit back his wince.

He hissed, "I beg your pardon?"

"Then beg." she pushed off his hand, and went to stand with Felix, who glared at Taemin and took his sister in his embrace.

Taemin rolled his eyes. "Thank you for staying with in this comfort zone and not killing each other. Will see you in the marriage anniversary." He saluted them dramatically and everyone did formalities of doing handshakes and giving him their half heartily congratulations.

Byeongsa and Sal-inja members went to the parking lot, and as they got into the car, Wendy stopped by the door and waved at Taehyung. "Bye bye baby brother." She smirked and went to give him a kiss on cheek. "I wish you luck."

"For killing you?" He asked in awe. "That's so sweet, sister." He glanced at Baekhyun who was yet to get into the car, and then his gaze fell on Joy, who was sitting there silently and watching the interaction. No matter how much she was holding in, her eyes told him that she was struggling to bottle up her emotions after knowing the truth about his family's murder.

"What are you looking at?" Chanyeol came to block his view of Joy, and Taehyung chuckled.

"You really are one of the kind, innocent doctor." He stepped towards the man, and Wendy instantly came in his way. "Protective much, sister?"