28 | The Haunting Past - 1

14 Years Ago :

"They are here."

Krystal knocked the door and Wendy jumped. Staring at her reflection, she took deep breaths, but couldn't calm down. It was the day. She was getting engaged to the Mujabihan prince. She was no fool. She knew that it was all about power and alliance, but still it troubled her mind that her life was getting over before it even started.

"I don't want to marry him." What was meant as a sign of love and devotion for other couples was nothing but a testament of his ownership of Wendy. "I don't want this. I'm scared."

"You should be honoured to marry the oldest son of the Busan Familia." Krystal grabbed her shoulders and met her eyes in the mirror.

"That’s what my father and every other person has said since my betrothal to that man."

"That man? He's your future, Wen. Accept him." Krystal tried to cheer her up. "You're eighteen and beautiful. Just make sure he loves you, and then you're fine."

"You do know what you're talking about. Right?" Wendy turned to stare at her in horror. "He's going to touch me and -"

"Sex isn't that bad if you ask me-"

"Krystal, if anyone even heard this word from you then you won't be getting married anytime soon, so lower down your voice."

"It's frustrating. Men are supposed to know things, but we are not?" Krystal rolled her eyes. "I... I had a date with Jongin, but it's fine we didn't do anything. He just kissed me a goodbye."

"Krystal!"

"Okay. Okay. It won't happen again, but we all know that he's going to end up my husband. To be honest, he really knew how to kiss. I almost got swayed by the way his tongue-"

Wendy slapped her arm, and she scowled. "I didn't ask for details," she muttered and then paused. "You won't get pregnant, right?"

"Ya! This is why education is important." Krystal smacked her head. "You shouldn't have left school in the middle. Look at you, you don't even how this works." She ran a hand down her face, and sat on her knee in front of her cousin. "Look Wen, when two people have sex... it's pleasurable. It's supposed to make you feel good. Don't worry about it."

"Men in our world hardly cares about women's pleasure." Wendy dropped her gaze and held Krystal's hand. "I'm really scared. What if I messed up and he got mad? He will kill me. We've seen cases like these before. Men killing his wife and no one questioning them. What if... What if I ended up like that?"

"You won't. You're freaking Sal-inja blood. He can't kill you." Krystal gave her reassuring look. "Trust me, you will enjoy it. And, you're getting engaged today, I'll give sex education after four months when you get married."