31 | I'm A Fool For You

Six comments per chapter

Six comments per chapter. I think you guys are loving this story.

"Have a drink with me."

Baekhyun saw Wendy sitting on the couch, a liquor bottle in her hand, and sighed. Walking over to her, he sat down and grabbed the the bottle from her hand, taking a gulp, grimacing at the burning taste. The blonde looked over at him, and chuckled.

"You haven't talked to Hera yet. Have you?"

He shook his head, and took another gulp, his eyes focusing on the glaring lights of the fireplace. His head hurt with all the thinking he had been doing for the past few hours. "Taehyung announced his marriage. You do know what it means. Right?"

Wendy hummed. "He's challenging you. It's like a warning to let go Joy, and take Hera back. You won't do that. Right?"

Baekhyun closed his eyes, and rested his head back. "You were so keen on having me marry Hera in the beginning."

"That was before that woman fell for you. It was supposed to be a punishment, Baek." Wendy huffed, and took the bottle back from him. "Let Taehyung have her, it would be a good punishment for her. To marry someone she doesn't love. That's what we want at the end of the day."

"Don't say 'we'." He was quick to point out, and opened his eyes to stare up at the ceiling. "It is all you. I'm a mere puppet of your games and revenge plans."

Wendy was about to take a sip, but then chuckled, and placed the bottle back on the table. "My dear brother, are you planning to back out?"

"I never said that. I've given you my word, sister." He turned to her, and cupped her cheek. "I'm staying till the end. Whatever you want, I'm here to do it, but don't take me for a fool."

"What do you mean?" She looked away.

"You knew that I'd caught feelings for that woman." Baekhyun stared at her, and she sighed. "You knew that marrying me won't serve her the fate you want. That's why you stepped back from the plan, and refused to return Joy to Taehyung, so that I won't have Hera back. Don't fool me into thinking otherwise."

"Then why did you let me do it?" She asked silently, and he shook his head.

"Because I know what you had to go through when shit went down years ago. I know how much you endured, and I want you to know that I am here for you." Baekhyun stood up. "Don't play games with me, sister. I'm loyal. Don't disrespect my love and respect for you."

"I'm sorry for not coming clean. I hope you don't take it as a betrayal."

He gazed down into her face. "You didn't betray me, Wen. You betrayed yourself, because this person…what you were doing…it isn't who you are."

Wendy gulped, and watched him walk away. She grumbled under her breath, and grabbed the bottle, throwing it across the room into the fireplace and the flames soared up before settling down after a minute. She ran a hand down her face, and fell back on the couch.