6 | Invisible String

Hera stared at him.

Taehyung.

He didn't look a bit interested in her. Instead, he was fucking some whore's mouth. She looked away, and adjusted her mask on the place. It was Taehyung's birthday party, and she had come to surprise him. To made him talk to her. Why?

Because she fucking wanted her engagement to work this time. She wanted passion. She couldn't be just with someone else because it would mean that person's death sentence. Taehyung won't spare him, but the bastard won't touch her himself. She was almost 22 now, and he hadn't married her.

Girls of her age were having their fifth kid right now, but here she was, at her own fiancé party to get his attention. Pathetic.

"I told you it's a bad idea." Her bodyguard, Seulgi said, and pulled her away from Taehyung. "We should leave now. It can cost me my life, Hera."

"He's taking that whore upstairs." Hera's scowl deepened as she stared at Taehyung's calm yet dangerous demeanour. She wasn't hurt. She barely knew him, but to see him with another woman did piss her off. He wouldn't talk to her, but he could spend time here and there. Son of a bitch.

"Well in his defence, he doesn't know that you're in Paris."

"Yet."

Hera and Seulgi walked out of the lounge, and climbed into the car. "You okay?" Seulgi asked as she turned on the engine. "We're here in Paris. Let's go out to shopping."

"In the middle of the night?" Hera raised her brows, and rested her head back. "I feel like a bloody replaceable toy. First I'm thrown out in front of Baekhyun, and now Taehyung. I don't know if I'll ever have my own identity."

"Let's have dinner at least." Seulgi pulled over a restaurant after a few minutes, and they climbed down the car, but froze when saw Sal-inja famiglia people inside the restaurant. "Step back." Seulgi moved towards Hera, and pulled her towards the car when it happened.

Hera's eyes met his, and everything stilled there. She couldn't move. She could feel Seulgi pulling her to the car, instead, she focused on Baekhyun and stepped towards the restaurant. He placed his gun on the table, and circled his men to open the door for her.

"Hera, what are you doing?" Seulgi hissed.

"Making my own damn choice." She smirked, and went to Baekhyun, her walk was confident but she could feel her nerves getting the best of her. He scanned her body, and smiled coldly as soon as she reached him. "Long time no see." She raised her brows.

Baekhyun shook his head, and brushed her hair back. "You know, Cara, time doesn't matter," He whispered, and glanced at Seulgi, who had her hand in the pocket, ready to take her gun out. "Jimin. Take care of my ex's friend here." He pulled Hera to the back of the restaurant.