40 | Don't Know What To Do

Are you enjoying the story? I wanted to wrap it up quickly but that won't be fare to all the characters, so please bear with my slow updates yet long story

Are you enjoying the story? I wanted to wrap it up quickly but that won't be fare to all the characters, so please bear with my slow updates yet long story. Lol.

Taemin sighed.

"Are you going to stay there all night?" He asked Yeji, and she gave him a finger. Grumbling, he went to the kitchen and stood in front of her. "Be grateful that your men protected the boundary within time and saved your life."

"I didn't ask for your lecture." She tried walk past him, but he held her by elbow. "What?" she bit out.

"You were around the area of war and you're traumatized by what could have happened, but it's not everyday that you're going to face death." Taemin tried to console her in his own way. "You're well protected, whether you're here or when you come to my city. I'm going to protect you with all my might."

"I wasn't scared." She glared at him, her eyes tearing up. "I'm just angry because I don't like when people go behind our backs. Fight should be done upfront."

Taemin tilted his head. "Is that it?" he asked and she nodded, maintaining the stare. "Then what are you going to do about it, this anger you have?"

"I'm going to kill everyone." Yeji stated the obvious and he chuckled. She rolled her eyes and aimed a punch to his face, but he doged her. "Let me show you how I'm going to do it."

Taemin leaned down to her level. "Sweetheart, anger is useful only when you are ready to use it, not when you are looking for a way to spend it." His breath ghosted her face and she leaned away on instinct. "Find a way to use it instead of spending it."

Yeji let the tear fell down her cheek and as gently as he could, he caressed it away hesitantly. "Are you pitying me right now? I hate it," she said in a small voice.

"Don't think that only you're angry, Mia cara. Every other person is feeling this emotion, and most of them spend it by cursing and hurting people who have no hand in their struggles." Taemin was impressed that she was still holding his stare. "Don't make the same mistake. Use your anger."

Yeji exhaled softly and he moved away. "I've a meeting with your brother. Taehyung must be coming downstairs now."

"He has never held meeting at home."

"I was surprised too when he called me this late." Taemin shrugged. "But, I know what's the topic, so I'm at ease." He saw her frown, and patted her shoulder. "Take rest. Sleep well. You had a long day," he said. She nodded and walked upstairs as he went to the meeting room.

After a few minutes, Chaeryoung entered the kitchen to fill her water bottle. Of course, Felix followed her when he saw her from upstairs. She ignored him the best she could, but he kept bugging her with questions she had no answer to.

"You still have feelings for me." Felix pushed the bottle, and she looked away. Pulling her, he made her look at him. "Are you trying to punish me? Are you trying to take revenge -"