35 | Adrenaline

I hope you're enjoying the story

I hope you're enjoying the story. ❤️

Jongin sighed.

"I hope this is the end of your turmoil." He looked at Joy, who caressed the hair away from Chaeryoung's head, and then closed the door. She turned around, and shook hands with him. "I know you think that Wen is being unreasonable, and maybe she is, but it's something deeper than you don't know."

"I don't want to know any excuse for hurting eighteen Nineteen year olds." Joy glanced at the backseat where Felix and Chaeryoung's were resting. "I read the messages between Yuna and Wendy. The instructions were clear, Jongin."

He sighed, looking guilty. "Yes.... Yes. Wen had given orders to... to eliminate anyone who tried to save Felix." His eyes also moved to the car. "I know things have gotten out of hands, and I apologize for it. Take them, and leave... I don't think there's any place for you girls here. Not anymore." Jongin didn't say those words to hurt her, but to warn her about the upcoming war that was leading their way, a ruthless one.

"Baekhyun... Where's he?" Joy opened the front door to the car, and got in. When Jongin told her that he had went out of town to take care of some deal, she replied, "Tell him to not show any mercy from now on." Taking out a gun from her coat, she aimed Jongin. "Because I won't show any myself."

"What are you -" Jongin was alert, but before he could get ready, Joy shot his leg, and he kneeled. "Fuck!"

"You did not let us go, Jongin. I escaped." She started the engine and smirked before pulling the driveway. He cursed more, but let her go, and fell on the ground, laying there. At least he could lie to Krystal for now that he was attacked rather than being a traitor.

As he watched the car leave, a painful smile covered his face. He knew what kind of things his wife and Wendy were planning on doing, and they were wrong on so many levels. It wasn't a revenge anymore, but a spreading fire which was going to burn one or all in its rage. So, yes he felt good to see Joy go, at least that way the war would be fair.

"Buckle up kids, let's get you home." Joy turned the wheel and headed back to home. She stayed in the Sal-inja in the beginning, thinking she could keep Chaeryoung safe at least, and then she stayed because of the blackmail, but it turned out wrong.

Fear scares you more when you fears it. She refused to be scared again. Her focused eyes could see the bloodshed happening in the future and felt shivers in her body.

Taehyung.

She needed to see him soon.

Away from all the chaos, Baekhyun leaned back on the seat. He was not much worried about Chanyeol, knowing that his brother-in-law was safe in Taehyung's custody.

"Yes, I just checked with the supplier and they are working on it. Don't worry." He pinched the tip of his nose, and hummed as he listened to the man on the phone. "Yes, I'll meet you tomorrow then." He hung up the call, and closed his eyes. Shortly after dinner he had went to bed, thinking he would get a good sleep tonight, but of course, it was a far dream.