4 | You And I

Crossed my heart, hope to die

Crossed my heart, hope to die. To my lover, I never lie. He said be true, I swear I'll try; in the end, it's him and I.

__________________________

Hera

I hated my life.

I never asked for this strange, bloody, full of revenge world. This was not a fairytale my classmates were told about, this was hell. I was a mafia Princess, atleast that was what people called me. If I could ask one thing from God, it was a gun and my father's head. I wanted to kill that man with my own hands.

I'd been subjected to inequality, perfection, and nothing but an object to deal with the enemies, and he was behind all of that. I was promised to a man I've hardly known as I have never met him.

Byun Baekhyun.

I hated him. Was it possible to hate someone you've never met before? I did. Baekhyun visited us one time, but he had to leave without meeting me, why? Because I shut the door before he could show me his face. Son of a bitch. He thought making a deal with my father would win me over, well he was wrong.

I loathed him.

"Your fiance is officially visiting you today," Krystal, his bitch of a guard said. She had been by my side since I was 15. Baekhyun appointed her to protect me as if my father's guard were not here to do the job.

"Krystal, don't rile her up." Jongin, my other bodyguard gave her a look, and I grumbled.

"You can do the sex talk tonight as much as you want." Krystal grinned. "You're 18 now, I'm sure Baekhyun would be delighted to have his way with you finally."

My face paled, and I tightened my fingers over the book I was reading. "What do you mean?"

"You provoked him last week, our boss I mean." Krystal went to the cupboard, and laid down a dress on the bed. "This is what your father has chosen for you. Your feminity and last week's talk is going to be a problem. I wonder if our next Capo will be able to keep his hands to himself."

"You're scaring her." Jongin shook his head. "Baekhyun will stay in his boundaries. She's not married to him yet."

"I hope that for your sake." Krystal smirked, and before Jongin could interfere again, he got a call and left the room. She walked towards me, and grabbed the book from my hands. "Gone with the Wind. Sweetheart, don't fool yourself into thinking that you're Scarlett O'Hara. You'll only be hurting yourself with the expectations."

"I'm not scared of your boss. Stop putting thoughts in my head." I snatched back my book, and she shrugged before walking out of the house. I took a deep breath to calm my nerve, but Krystal's words surrounded my brain so much that I had to shut my book, and go out in the balcony to get fresh air.